First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Where to use a SSHD in a new build? Advice/Suggestions?
I do everything with my computers. The one I plan to build is no exception. I plan to do everything I can with it also. But I don't let this delude me. I build the system for one reason and everything else is secondary. I build my systems to entertain me. Currently that entertainment consists of Game play and vie... 5 May 2010 02:47
dead mobo?
Greetings all, I am working on an Acer Aspire AM1640-b1408A E2160 system with Vista home basic. It looks like the mobo is branded Acer, but with a sticker that says: 001D92A3E07D. I cannot get this thing to boot. I have tried the following steps: First I unplugged everything. Next tried another power supply, the... 1 May 2010 21:58
Computer Parts Manufacturers
I saw this on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer_hardware_manufacturers#Power_supply_units_.28PSUs.29 .. . . and looking at it gives one the impression that all those companies make power supplies when in fact, only a few have factories, namely: Enhance Electronics (missing from the lis... 1 May 2010 03:18
BIOS checksum error with ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard
My brother bought an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. He installed a triple core AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8 GHz CPU and four gigs of Corsair XMS2 4GB (2x2GB) 240- pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 (PC2 6400). He started the computer and was able to get into the BIOS. He set the date and time. He also changed the boot order to CD... 30 Apr 2010 15:04
buying new vid card. advice on AMD vs Nvidia?
I currently have a GF 7950 GX2 but am looking to upgrade to a newer card. I've always been a GeForce fan and never bought anything from ATI/AMD. But I keep hearing good things so I'm open to either brand if the price and performance is right. I'm looking to spend no more that approx $200 (i'd do $250 if it was a ... 13 May 2010 08:14
Western Digital Raptor forgot to park the heads
My Raptor just died with something like "read head error 0007". Tried it with the Western Digital diagnostics boot CD. Tried it on my spare computer. Same result. Last night, the Internet was turned off through ZoneAlarm and my PC had been idle for about five minutes, the monitor off. Thinking it was off, I ... 6 May 2010 18:42
Magitronic Keyboard Possibility
The Keyboad for my HP Desktop PC hit the dust when some pins on the adapter plug broke. I have a "like new" old Magitronic FK-2001 keyboard that I tried to use. I have a 5 pin Din Plug adapter which changes it to a 6 pin Mini DIN plug that plugs right in to the desktop. Some lights light up, but no response.... 27 Apr 2010 10:59
presario 2300 laptop, restet button
Hi, I set up the laptop with the restore disks, and had a lot of trouble getting through them, but eventually, I did. This is a friend's laptop, not mine. A couple of times during this adventure, it just dropped stone dead. Pressing the reset button on the bottom of it made it rejoine the land of the living. ... 26 Apr 2010 14:53
Quirky USB
My case has 2 external USB 2 ports that plug into the mobo. They were the ones I used for external USB stuff like a camera and a WD passport. I now have my mouse and keyboard plugged into the front so the built in USB 2 ports on the back are free. (The built in ones are the ones that are attached to the mobo) ... 27 Apr 2010 05:23
AMD versus Intel ( heat and AMD now? not...)
Tim Mastrogiacomo wrote: On Mar 29, 10:06 am, Rick <fholbr...(a)nospam.cableone.net> wrote: Daniel Prince wrote: I believe that AMD is still having problems with heat so Intel would currently be the best choice. I have always used AMD processors but, I would go with the Intel brand today. ... 25 Apr 2010 20:02