First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
comparison between monitors
I've noticed that many Dell and other brand monitors are using 2 lamps in the name of energy saving (they use 22 watts vs. around 45 watts for the 4 lamp units). Has anyone used one of the 2 lamp monitors? How do they compare to the usual 4 lamp monitors? Wayne ... 6 Jun 2010 18:14
KVM Switch: Do I need special cables?
Do I need special cables to connect 2 PCs with 1 monitor or will two standard VGA cables do? ... 8 Jun 2010 11:24
DSL not recognizing the modem...what else is new?
On Jun 6, 3:19 am, RayLopez99 <raylope...(a)gmail.com> wrote: Well, I just checked to see if the modem works.  It was working (years ago) under Windows 2000 on this old Pentium II with limited RAM. I configured the modem using the Damn Small Linux Control Panel, using the standard defaults (PPP for example... 7 Jun 2010 17:41
Comparison between 3 specs
Hello, I'm new. I'm about to buy a new computer and my budget is: *780$.* So far gathered with the help of 3 different people 3 different specs. I would like to tell me which is the best spec out of these 3. MY COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS:[/B] *PLAY THE NEWEST GAMES WITH THE HIGHEST SETTINGS *OFTEN USAGE OF HEAVY PROGRAMS ... 6 Jun 2010 13:47
Power startup problem
Hi all, I have a old pc that im trying to boot, when I press the power button it gets power for about 5 seconds and then turns off, this is not long enough to see anything on the screen. I pulled out everything like memory, HDD, CD rom, Floppy. It has an onboard speaker but I get no error code beeps at all for ... 4 Jun 2010 22:27
Crucial ecc memory for an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard
Also use the "Memory Search" at bottom-left of the page www.kingston.com This reveals "8GB 800MHz DDR2 ECC CL6 DIMM (Kit of 2)" with part number KVR800D2E6K2/8G as one option, though you may not need 8GB. Kingston guarantee that memory chosen using their selector will work with the selected hardware. ... 3 Jun 2010 02:23
NETBOOK VS LAPTOP
My nephew wants to get one and needs one for college but I know very little about PC's in general. Is any of these better and why? Thanks ... 6 Jun 2010 18:14
Anybody use Linux? For old hardware, which distro?
Is there a Linux distro that is particularly good for media player use - DVD, .FLV, MP3 etc? ... 5 Jun 2010 21:17
Interesting power problem
I have a PC with an Antec TruePower 550W. Tonight when I tried to power it on via the power button, it didn't respond. I then un-plugged two DMB-TH USB HDTV Tuners, it could then be powered on! I powered off the PC right after the BIOS screen. Then I powered it up again with both USB HDTV Tuners plugged in. ... 3 Jun 2010 04:33
Anybody use Linux? For old hardware, which distro?
Thinking of using on an old 1998 laptop PC that presently has a Pentium II, with a built in generic Dell modem, USB mouse, 512k RAM (!), DVD/CD, running Windows XP fine now (very slow), some distro of Linux. In another thread I got into a debate about what's the best distro for a simple new Acer machine ($300) t... 7 Jun 2010 04:11