First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
AMD Fusion
The 890 chipset appears to be the last one from AMD until next year, when their 'Fusion' APU chip comes out which combines the CPU and GPU. What are the advantages? A search on google did not show any results where someone can articulate, specifically, the advantages. I also have trouble believing that a hig... 1 Jul 2010 05:35
Writing & Editing Jobs
Hi, We are looking for some people that are interested in working from their home on a part or full-time basis. If you want to earn $100, $200 or even up to $500 a day, and you don't mind writing some short opinions up, this is the perfect opportunity for you! We work with hundreds of companies such as 20th C... 30 Jun 2010 15:19
Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Needmore help pls
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 08:27:29 -0400, RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com> wrote: OK, live and learn. Repost since my first post got lost when Firefox unexpectedly disappeared from my Linux screen. But not blaming Linux (Damn Small Linux) since I have a Pentium II with 1 GB (!) hd and a few sticks of RAM. C... 30 Jun 2010 18:41
SSD built with hard drive redundancy
It would be nice if computers started coming with built in redundancy. I could imagine using a 40 G SSD drive that would store a virgin copy of the OS that could not be changed. It would then store any updates and anything else you want for speed. Then use a data drive to keep a copy of the SSD drive as well as... 28 Jun 2010 19:27
quick question about SSD's
Now before I ask I would like to point out that I've been busy for a while and haven't kept up with this board or the most current technology like I normally do... When SSD's first came out on an affordable retail level just about everyone in this group advised against using them in anything at all... has the ... 28 Jun 2010 16:07
help to find bios update versions
Hi , I need to update the bios in an Acer Aspire 1700 laptop I have at this moment version 5.3, I was told I need to install 5.4 then 5.5 then the one that makes it go from 5.5 to 5.7 I have seen this site here: http://www.acer.com.au/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3112&... 28 Jun 2010 11:41
motherboard beeps like ambulance (more complex problem) - helpappreciated!
On 28/06/2010 08:22, bj wrote: Could anyone suggest a solution, please? Yes. Clip on the heatsink. At the moment, its sat there doing nothing whilst the processor is cooking itself. You MUST use fresh thermal paste when putting the heatsink on the CPU. Arctic Silver's website has good instructions on how ... 28 Jun 2010 06:14
motherboard beeps like ambulance (more complex problem) - help appreciated!
Good morning, I had my PC repaired recently; the guy who came replaced the motherboard and the graphics card. Afterwards, I found that he had put in a weaker processor (AMD Athlon 2000) than I had had before (2200), so I wanted to replace that. I detached the processor fan and replaced the processor. Now, w... 28 Jun 2010 05:09
Laptop works after warmed up
Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire 1700 laptop, when I turn it on it goes past the option to load into the bios then the screen goes black sometimes it has a blinking "-" at the top left of the screen. Nothing will happen so I boot into the bios it accepts it by pressing "F2" then it goes to the bios, but now nothin... 27 Jun 2010 13:53
Internal Card Reader
Hey all, I have aquired a internal card reader from an old pc (specs not known). The sticker on the rear panel is marked: model # CR-363- U26. The connector is a black 4 pin female. I guess it goes to a header on the mobo. The thing is I can't seem to find any info about this reader after some Googling. I would lik... 26 Jun 2010 17:23