First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Video editing software?
Although it's been three years since I built my current computer (with invaluable advice from some of the folks here), I only recently had occasion to discover that neither my Samsung SH-S182 DVD/CD combo burner, BFG GeForce 7600GT OC video card, nor Windows XP Media Center Edition came with DVD codecs. I was g... 13 Jun 2010 13:47
Strange symptom: non-fan his that is responsive to mouse scroll
On 12/06/2010 3:59 PM, spodosaurus wrote: Hi guys, I've got a problem I've not encountered before. I was given a 4-5 year old PC to have a tinker with and the amount of dust in it was ungodly. It had killed the video card fan, but a capacitor on the card was already bulging and leaking so I replaced t... 16 Jun 2010 07:44
Stronge symptom: non-fan his that is responsive to mouse scroll
Hi guys, I've got a problem I've not encountered before. I was given a 4-5 year old PC to have a tinker with and the amount of dust in it was ungodly. It had killed the video card fan, but a capacitor on the card was already bulging and leaking so I replaced the card. Unfortunately, there's still this hissin... 15 Jun 2010 03:14
Timing of USB device driver installation
On 6/11/2010 21:39, Scott wrote: Why is it that on some USB devices I have to install the driver before plugging in the device and others after? For example: Hauppauge TV tuner, plug in device then install driver and the other way around for a M-Audio audio interface. I would always plug in the device fi... 18 Jun 2010 01:32
Considering my options...
I have an X2 5400+ system I'm looking to upgrade and I'm considering the following chips: i3 530, Phenom II X4 940. Pricewise they are similar with the Phenom having the performance edge. But over the years I've built a lot of AMD based systems and I've experienced a lot of quirky problems, overheating that I c... 11 Jun 2010 03:46
What is Pin 9 on a VGA cable?
I see a lot of VGA cables being sold on Newegg that do not have all 15 pins. It looks like Pin 9 is missing. Wikipedia says that Pin 9 is KEY/PWR (+5V). I don't know what that means. Does it make any difference whether you have all 15 pins or not? ... 17 Jun 2010 18:58
I may be switching from FF to IE
As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3) to IE8. Why? I'm getting tired of getting 'you need to install a missing plugin.' Then when I hit install I get 'install manually.' So I have to go to the software's website, download and install it manually and hope it works (sometimes doesn't).... 23 Jun 2010 12:49
Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Need more help pls
RayLopez99 wrote: Mike Easter If you are opposed to crossposting, as am I, then you shouldn't crosspost at all yourself, including replies to crossposted messages. Then are you opposed to SymLink (linking) files in Unix too? I am talking about (not) crossposting news messages. I am not i... 9 Jun 2010 09:41
Largest capacity SD Card for backward compatibility?
I want to buy a spare SD Card. I want it to be compatible with older devices. (So I don't want SDHC.) What is the maximum capacity SD card I should get to avoid possible incompatibilities? ... 10 Jun 2010 14:31
ARM-based desktop computer ? (Hybrid computers ?: Low + High performance ;))
Andrew Reilly <areilly---(a)bigpond.net.au> writes: Back in '87 or so I had an Acorn RISC "PC", which had an ARM-2, and a "PC emulator". That must have been the Archimedes A310. The RISC PC did not come out until some time in the 90's, and this used an ARM610. It simulated an 8088 and the PC's basic ... 10 Jun 2010 22:20