From: Brad on
On Apr 19, 3:00 pm, "i|||| | | || ||| || |||| 2.0" <i| || ||| |||||
> "Herc7" <ozd...(a)australia.edu> wrote in message

> I'm not saying eliminating a projected gross salary on a payslip is
> wrong, I'm saying lets be honest, public servants consume tax they
> don't contribute any tax.

well why stop there? The money was printed by the Reserve Bank and
therefore the Government owns it ALL in the first place. Does anyone
pay any tax to the Government if the Government owns all the notes?
From: Coach on
On Apr 19, 5:23 pm, Brad <goog...(a)vk2qq.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 4:21 pm, "asdf" <a...(a)nowhere.nowhere> wrote:
>
> > Unless, of course you earn an awful, awful lot, in which case you pay nearly
> > no tax. Witness Kerry, who took the tax department to court over a tax bill
> > of a few hundred dollars.... and won - at taxpayers' expense- tens of
> > thousands of dollars.
>
> That's not entirely true. He had paid all the tax that was owing. This
> was an additional levy by the ATO that was disputed as being
> incorrect.

You are comparing PAYG employees with companies. Companies pay a max
of 30 percent. PAYG taxpayers are on a sliding scale. So if you are
on an awful, awful lot, you are better off being a company.
From: "i|||| | | || ||| || |||| 2.0" i| || ||| ||||| |||||| on

"Brad" <google1(a)vk2qq.com> wrote in message
On Apr 19, 3:00 pm, "i|||| | | || ||| || |||| 2.0" <i| || ||| |||||
> "Herc7" <ozd...(a)australia.edu> wrote in message

> I'm not saying eliminating a projected gross salary on a payslip is
> wrong, I'm saying lets be honest, public servants consume tax they
> don't contribute any tax.

well why stop there? The money was printed by the Reserve Bank and
therefore the Government owns it ALL in the first place. Does anyone
pay any tax to the Government if the Government owns all the notes?

--------
It isn't because they own the notes, the notes are what they accept to pay the tax.
They need not accept anything else. Pull, rather than push, little difference
once the cycle is primed.
It wouldn't matter if you were paid in zoidfrancs, you would still need to get
Australian Dollars to pay the tax assessed.

Herc seems to think Centrelink is a government department,
it an agency contracted to deliver services to government departments
that took over from the Department of Social Security 13 years ago.
Possibly indicates how long some people have been on the dole.

The government could just as easily pay the dole in scrip, which is what
income management does in effect, the only reason it pays in
dollars is convenience.

From: Herc7 on
On Apr 19, 5:26 pm, Brad <goog...(a)vk2qq.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 3:00 pm, "i|||| | | || ||| || ||||  2.0" <i| || ||| |||||

> > "Herc7" <ozd...(a)australia.edu> wrote in message
> > I'm not saying eliminating a projected gross salary on a payslip is
> > wrong, I'm saying lets be honest, public servants consume tax they
> > don't contribute any tax.
>
> well why stop there? The money was printed by the Reserve Bank and
> therefore the Government owns it ALL in the first place. Does anyone
> pay any tax to the Government if the Government owns all the notes?

The money is not worth anything. It's just a token abstraction
representing your asset worth. But it's not entirely virtual, imagine
a goods only barter system where you take your cow into market to buy
some eggs. Individual people definitely own assets and the taxation
system continues to work, and the King only has to collect a
percentage of the farmers goods to supply and feed his soldiers and
maids... Don't quote this paragraph of mine EVER!

Now for the anecdote to clear up all your cloudy minds whether I had a
point or not. Ahh yes, stop bringing irrelevant arguments into the
discussion like it's going to work as a copout for you. If you are in
private sector PAY YOUR TAX. If you are in public sector GET PAID
WITH TAX.

Herc
From: Herc7 on
On Apr 19, 6:34 pm, Herc7 <ozd...(a)australia.edu> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 5:26 pm, Brad <goog...(a)vk2qq.com> wrote:
>
> The money is not worth anything.  It's just a token abstraction
> representing your asset worth.  But it's not entirely virtual, imagine
> a goods only barter system where you take your cow into market to buy
> some eggs.  Individual people definitely own assets and the taxation
> system continues to work, and the King only has to collect a
> percentage of the farmers goods to supply and feed his soldiers and
> maids...  Don't quote this paragraph of mine EVER!

So if knights were paid in gold coins, what did they get 5 coins per
month and handed back 1 coin to join the humble tax payers club? FFS

Herc
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: computer projector to match the screen?
Next: Paypal