From: Mr.Jan on
On Feb 15, 11:23 am, JimH <J...(a)invalid.net> wrote:
> Han wrote:
> > dieHard® <dieH...(a)msn.com> wrote in news:d6hin59d8851katba1bueaufhf0nsd8u42
> > @4ax.com:
>
> >> I had an incident a few years ago where all my medical records (along
> >> with some financial info) were compromised.
>
> > Wasn't the employer of the therapist responsible for clearing this up,
> > including reimbursing you for your expenses?  I know this sounds like a
> > legal question, but that is how I might have approached it.  I hope it
> > never happens to me ...
>
> Then, you have to trust the person who screwed it up, to fix it. Not likely!

Hey sorry for your loss.

I think you proved my point though. It was not any high tech super
hacker breaking into your accounts but some wingnut with no idea of
how to act responsibly. There are millions of people who use online
banking, online brokers, and online storage of their account
information every day with no issues whatsoever. I use my car even
though it is more dangerous than walking. I use my phone even though
people can listen in. But if you don't know how to drive, don't buy a
car.

I certainly take appropriate precautions to mitigate the risks and
the effects of an incident with my online accounts. I agree that you
should not go online with this information as it would drive you nuts
worrying about it.
From: Ted on
Eric J. Holtman wrote:
> Ted <username(a)isp.net.invalid> wrote in
>
>> I won't be putting anything of true personal
>> value in the cloud.
>>

> Like it's not there already?
>
> Where do you think the information comes from when
> you do a One Step Update?

Uh, I don't do One Step Updates. I enter my transactions manually and
reconcile manually. It doesn't take long and I actually enjoy it.

From: Eric J. Holtman on
Ted <username(a)isp.net.invalid> wrote in news:PM00047FD710B06125
@Fred.hsd1.mn.comcast.net:

>> Where do you think the information comes from when
>> you do a One Step Update?
>
> Uh, I don't do One Step Updates. I enter my transactions manually and
> reconcile manually. It doesn't take long and I actually enjoy it.

So, you think the bank doesn't keep a record
anywhere on any computer?

How do you think they create your statement?

Little gnomes in Zurich with green visors?
From: JimH on
Ted wrote:

> Uh, I don't do One Step Updates. I enter my transactions manually and
> reconcile manually. It doesn't take long and I actually enjoy it.
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

I always used to enjoy trying to find a mistake in reconciliation when a
value was typed wrong, resulting in some odd mismatch between the
statement and the account register. It was so much fun.

I haven't experienced it even once in the years since I set up downloads
for all of my accounts.
--
Jim
From: Ted on
Eric J. Holtman wrote:
> Ted <username(a)isp.net.invalid> wrote in news:PM00047FD710B06125
> @Fred.hsd1.mn.comcast.net:
>

>>> Where do you think the information comes from when
>>> you do a One Step Update?
>>
>> Uh, I don't do One Step Updates. I enter my transactions manually and
>> reconcile manually. It doesn't take long and I actually enjoy it.
>>

> So, you think the bank doesn't keep a record
> anywhere on any computer?
>
> How do you think they create your statement?
>
> Little gnomes in Zurich with green visors?

Banks and financial institutions are subject to stricter regulations and
regulatory oversight when it comes to security of customer information, than,
say a mint.com.

It wouldn't surprise me if you're one of those people that publishes their
personal information on Facebook too.

Here's a buck. Go buy a clue.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10