From: Mr.Jan on
On Feb 18, 10:15 am, "Eric J. Holtman" <e...(a)ericholtman.com> wrote:
> Ted <usern...(a)isp.net.invalid> wrote in news:PM00047FD710B06125
> @Fred.hsd1.mn.comcast.net:
>

> >> Where do you think the information comes from when
> >> you do a One Step Update?
>
> > Uh, I don't do One Step Updates.  I enter my transactions manually and
> > reconcile manually.  It doesn't take long and I actually enjoy it.
>
> So, you think the bank doesn't keep a record
> anywhere on any computer?
>
> How do you think they create your statement?
>
> Little gnomes in Zurich with green visors?

I think the idea here is how many places do you keep the keys to your
financial kingdom. I keep a key to my house hidden outside just in
case. If I kept 20 keys hidden outside, the odds of someone finding
it probably go up more then 20X. Sounds like Ted has kept his exposure
to the level he can live with even if he is not comfortable. I also
remember entering manually and it was kind of a zen like experience.
From: Sharx35 on

"Mr.Jan" <jan.hertzsch(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 18, 10:15 am, "Eric J. Holtman" <e...(a)ericholtman.com> wrote:
>> Ted <usern...(a)isp.net.invalid> wrote in news:PM00047FD710B06125
>> @Fred.hsd1.mn.comcast.net:

>> > Uh, I don't do One Step Updates. I enter my transactions manually and
>> > reconcile manually. It doesn't take long and I actually enjoy it.
>>
>> So, you think the bank doesn't keep a record
>> anywhere on any computer?
>>
>> How do you think they create your statement?
>>
>> Little gnomes in Zurich with green visors?

Keeping a key hidden ANYWHERE outside is just plain foolish. The
professionals KNOW 99% of the time where the hiding places are.

From: Oilcan on
That's why they are professionals. I seem to never be able to find
mine. :o)

Posted At: Friday, February 19, 2010 3:32 PM
Posted To: alt.comp.software.financial.quicken
Conversation: I cannot wait till they move Quicken online.
Subject: Re: I cannot wait till they move Quicken online.

"Mr.Jan" <jan.hertzsch(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
..

From: dieHard� on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 23:31:49 GMT, "Sharx35" <sharx35(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Mr.Jan" <jan.hertzsch(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Feb 18, 10:15 am, "Eric J. Holtman" <e...(a)ericholtman.com> wrote:
>>> Ted <usern...(a)isp.net.invalid> wrote in news:PM00047FD710B06125
>>> @Fred.hsd1.mn.comcast.net:

>>> So, you think the bank doesn't keep a record
>>> anywhere on any computer?
>>>
>>> How do you think they create your statement?
>>>
>>> Little gnomes in Zurich with green visors?
>
>Keeping a key hidden ANYWHERE outside is just plain foolish. The
>professionals KNOW 99% of the time where the hiding places are.

Only if you're lame enough to hide a key under the welcome mat like
all the "real" people on TV do...
From: JimH on
Sharx35 wrote:

> Keeping a key hidden ANYWHERE outside is just plain foolish. The
> professionals KNOW 99% of the time where the hiding places are.

Professionals don't need a key. But, for the amateurs out there, my key
is inside a fake rock. Luckily, I've got about a million rocks.

--
Jim
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last