From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Robin Bignall" <docrobin(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Do you use "Windows Washer" or some similar program?

From: Daave on
Robin Bignall wrote:

> Just another piece of data. I just logged on as "administrator" (with
> several screens full of these infection messages) to see if, when I
> rebooted, I might have some "administrator\cookies\index.dat"
> messages.
> When I rebooted back as myself all the infection messages had
> vanished. But this has happened before on reboot.

If you configue a Clean Boot, do you still get these messages?

From: Elmo on
Robin Bignall wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:05:42 -0500, "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote:
>
>> Robin Bignall wrote:

>>> Difficult. Pause/break stops the screen for a second and then it goes
>>> straight to the logon. I just rebooted and all those messages have
>>> vanished. None of the virus/malware programs finds anything.
>>> I'll post again if those messages reappear. There's nothing in the
>>> event log that looks suspicious.
>> In the menu you get after hitting F8, do you see an option called
>> "Disable automatic restart on system failure"? If so, choose it. Another
>> way to do this:
>>
>> http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/disautorestart.htm
>>
>> This way, you will be able to write down these messages.
>>
> The message is:
> infection:documents and settings\robin bignall\cookies\index.dat could
> not be removed. file is no longer existent.

This thread is very long.. if you've tried the following, I missed it.

A couple of things I would try:

- Create a text file using Wordpad and name it "index.dat". Store it in
the Documents and Settings\Robin Bignall\Cookies\ folder and restart the
machine.

- Look in the BIOS for an a/v utility and disable it.

--
Joe =o)
From: Leythos on
In article <4b23dd60$0$16700$88263eea(a)blocknews.net>, trt(a)void.com
says...
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.

I see you're still stalking myself and other in every post you make -
shows just how unethical you are.

Trust yourself.
From: Robin Bignall on
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:35:03 -0500, "FromTheRafters" <erratic
@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>"Robin Bignall" <docrobin(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
>Do you use "Windows Washer" or some similar program?

No, only what's in IE8 and CCleaner.
--
Robin
(BrE)