From: terryc on
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:18:05 +1100, David L. Jones wrote:

> Well, my Telstra cable gives me up to 30Mbps so no complaints there, but
> then they sting me $70/month for 12GB including uploads :-(

Erk, Exetel even. No uploads count. $40 for 12Gb downloads in peak, 56Gb
downloads in off peak and no uploads.

You can run your soho business and get a static IP if you wanted. DNS is
$50p.a. or go elsewhere.

Check http://www.broadbandchoice.com.au
From: David L. Jones on
terryc wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:18:05 +1100, David L. Jones wrote:
>

>> Well, my Telstra cable gives me up to 30Mbps so no complaints there,
>> but then they sting me $70/month for 12GB including uploads :-(
>
> Erk, Exetel even. No uploads count. $40 for 12Gb downloads in peak,
> 56Gb downloads in off peak and no uploads.
>
> You can run your soho business and get a static IP if you wanted. DNS
> is $50p.a. or go elsewhere.
>
> Check http://www.broadbandchoice.com.au

Nope, been there, done that, fought for several years with endless ADSL2+
problems. Basically it doesn't work at my place, too far from the exchange
(>5km), and I'm using some bizzare pair which is routed differently to
everyone else in the street.
So I'm stuck with Telstra cable.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> terryc wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> More than enough speed.

>> Depends on what you want to do. ABC's Iview doesnt work that well at those speeds.

> True, but I can only afford 2 hrs max of that per day anyway.

Some ISPs dont count Iview in the quota.

> The big problem with iview is that by the time you could watch news, it was ancient or weeks old.

It is however useful for stuff you miss on the FTA.

> Cheaper and faster just to buy a USB san/dongle for the desktop box

But that doesnt allow you to watch stuff you missed.

From: Doug Jewell on
Rheilly Phoull wrote:

> Yeahbut if we didnt buy your stuff you would be winging about that too :-)
Perhaps - but in a day or two you'd be so hungry you
wouldn't even notice if the farmers were whinging.

--
What is the difference between a duck?
From: Clocky on

"Doug Jewell" <ask(a)and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote in message
> Rheilly Phoull wrote:
>

>> Yeahbut if we didnt buy your stuff you would be winging about that too
>> :-)
> Perhaps - but in a day or two you'd be so hungry you wouldn't even notice
> if the farmers were whinging.

Farmers whinge by default.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8