From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Clocky wrote

>> It doesn't magically come as honey from the beekeepers
>> either, there is a good chance that the production, packaging
>> and marketing facilities are located in the metro area

> Err, you are thinking of manufacturing plants,

No he isnt.

> of which we have very little.

Pig ignorant lie with agricultural production.

> The only reason a lot of agricultural produce may pass
> through metro areas is because is still is largely moved
> by rail and historically these all fan out from metro areas,

Utterly mangled all over again. They dont move directly
from the farm gate to the supermarket shelves much at all.

> plus many ports are located there. This is changing.

Like hell it is, even with fresh food.

From: terryc on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:36:25 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF" <""noujwas\"@yahoo.com . wrote
>> terryc wrote
>>> Rheilly Phoull wrote

>>> Most farm produce in Australia is exported anyway.
>
>> Most farm produce on Australian supermarket shelves is imported.

The Aussie farmers are good at very efficently producing most basics and
basic forms of meat. They just can not compete on what you call
"condiments" or the fiddly stuff that requires lots of hands on work.

The figures I remember of $90B exports and $125B imports for food stuff.

> Like hell it is.

your ignorance is not my problem.

From: terryc on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:35:17 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

> terryc wrote
>> Rheilly Phoull wrote
>
>>> Yeahbut if we didnt buy your stuff you would be winging about that too
>
>> Most farm produce in Australia is exported anyway.
>
> Like hell it is.

Hey, with a snappy come back like that, you could launch a new career as
a farm consultants. Heck, the farmers would at least get a good laugh out
of you.

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF" <""noujwas\"@yahoo.com . wrote
>>> terryc wrote

>>> Most farm produce on Australian supermarket shelves is imported.

> The Aussie farmers are good at very efficently producing most basics and
> basic forms of meat. They just can not compete on what you call "condiments"

Its a hell of a lot more than just "condiments" that are imported.

> or the fiddly stuff that requires lots of hands on work.

And that in spades.

> The figures I remember of $90B exports and $125B imports for food stuff.

That is just plain wrong.

http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/foodindustry.html

>> Like hell it is.

> your ignorance is not my problem.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> terryc wrote
>>> Rheilly Phoull wrote

>>> Most farm produce in Australia is exported anyway.

>> Like hell it is.

> Hey, with a snappy come back like that, you
> could launch a new career as a farm consultants.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

YOU made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

YOU get to substantiate that stupid pig ignorant claim.

THATS how it works.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: BSOD