From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> terryc wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> The Aussie farmers are good at very efficently producing most basics and
>>> basic forms of meat. They just can not compete on what you call "condiments"

>> Its a hell of a lot more than just "condiments" that are imported.

>>> or the fiddly stuff that requires lots of hands on work.

>> And that in spades.

>>> The figures I remember of $90B exports and $125B imports for food stuff.

>> That is just plain wrong.

>> http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/foodindustry.html

> Nothing there contradicts my figures.

You're lying, as always.

> You're just looking at a subset.

You're lying, as always.

And even if it was a subset, and it aint, you got the ratio backwards anyway.

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:40:47 +0900, Clocky wrote:
>
>> You're certainly deluded if you think everything comes off the land
>> as you find it in your supermarket. There are plenty of hard working
>> people involved in every aspect of getting something on the table,
>> not just those in remote areas.
>
> Apart from the shelf stackers, who?

All those involved in turning what comes out of the
farm gate into products that end up on the shelves.
The bulk of them aint in any remote areas at all.

Even major rural towns have the same net
access as capital citys with all except cable.

> Hint, you don't transport live beef to the retail butcher for a very good reason.

Hint: You dont slaughter beef thats intended for the supermarket on some farm, stupid.

From: Bob Larter on
The Old Bloke wrote:

> "Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>>
>> Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World, Shown Visually:
>> http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/10/internet-speeds-and-costs-around-the-world-shown-visually/#more-362769
>>

>> Be sure to click the above image to see it in its full glory.
>>
>> Yes, Australia if 5th from the right hand end of the graph.
>>
>> Cheers Don...
>>
> I wonder how they determine that our cost for 1mbps is $1 - $5 per
> month. Even if that is per each 1mbps, it seems far too low.

Yeah, I'd call it more like $10-$20/mbps/month.

From: Mr.T on

"me here" <gloaming_agnet(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To top if off, my understandiing is that about 50% of broadband users
> currently chose speeds no greater than 256, so how do they expect
> different takeup rates with the ovekill speeds of the new system?
> It's a joke.

It's a joke to think users are happy with what they currently pay for 256k.
And a bigger joke to think that most don't really want more speed and higher
download limits for less money, like most of the developed world.

MrT.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: BSOD