From: Jenn on
"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> ~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail..co.uk> wrote in

> However, with that said, if you were a user on my ftp or irc servers here
> and I banned you; and you evaded it more than say once, I would contact
> your ISP for unauthorized access as a SysOp.
>
> In fact, as Jenn is a friend of yours and has prior SysOp experience on
> MSn forums; I'd recommend you consult with her about possible actions
> that could be taken against you, should you desire to continue creating
> bogus accounts.

He didn't create a bogus account. He used a well known nickname that he's
used before, and an identifiable email account. Ya'll are just being hard
cases so you can get back at Dave for questioning whether or not
malwarebytes has any suspicious activity on computers.

> And BD, just so you know, using another email address for yet another
> account signup isn't going to keep you hidden for long. At some point, an
> audit will be performed and like this last time, your fake account(s)
> will show up.
>
> Malwarebytes is in the security business BD, don't mistake them for
> hobbyist forum admins like Jenn.

For a security business, ya'll seem a bit paranoid at the influence Dave has
by asking questions.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Jenn on
> "Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in

>> I'm thinking you're exaggerating quite alot, Dustin. Anyone can
>> register under any name on any group. Dave just told you he
>> re-registered. He didn't have to tell you or anyone and could be a
>> member in good standing under any other username and no one would
>> know... but he TOLD you.

> Yes, Jenn. Anyone can re-register under any name in any group. When one
> chooses to do so, knowing full well he is banned (which is why he's
> creating another account in the first place) does *not* in any way show
> good intentions, nor respect of any sort towards the forum admins.

Again, it's exaggerating what he did. Ya'll want to exact a *punishment* on
Dave because ya'll didn't like him asking questions. If a buddy of the core
group did something similar, there would be no punishment. Ya'll want him
to show some sort of remorse and humility and apologize all over the place
and beg forgiveness so you can see that he has taken his punishment like a
real man. It's a control issue... you can't control him asking questions,
but you can *punish* him and hold him to a higher standard than ya'll would
anyone else. That's what it's all about because he obviously isn't a threat
to the group itself in any way and has no intentions of hurting anyone
there. It's not professional behavior, imo.

> If anything, it further justifies the initial ban that was set on his
> account.

No it doesn't. The ban was imposed arbitrarily w/o any warning.

> Further, He wouldn't have to tell me or anyone else he did this. As the
> forum admins do audit for security purposes on occasion; his new userid
> along with IP would be flagged as belonging to a now banned userID. Ie:
> he would be caught eventually.

uh huh .... it's clearly a silly ban and unnecessary.... but, hey ... if
Malwarebytes admins want to be seen as hard cases going after someone who
simply asks questions and posts a harmless image, they have that right to
look like total hard cases. It doesn't make me want to join the forum,
myself.

> Clearly you know little about the options available to someone, should
> they wish to use them.

So enlighten me ... I'm fairly sure I understand bans and how they should
be used, so you can skip that tutorial.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Jenn on
> "Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in

>>> Are you smoking crack or heavily drinking? You just told me you
>>> forged yourself a new identity to evade the BAN previously placed on
>>> you, and then you want me to put in a good word for you? Laughable,
>>> frakking laughable. You lack honor and disipline.

>> I'm thinking you're exaggerating quite alot, Dustin. Anyone can
>> register under any name on any group. Dave just told you he
>> re-registered. He didn't have to tell you or anyone and could be a
>> member in good standing under any other username and no one would
>> know... but he TOLD you.

> I disagree, Jenn. Anyone can register with any name the person desires,
> so long as the follow the forum rules. Having an ID banned and creating
> anotherone does not follow the rules; and it can result in tresspass
> complaints to his service provider. The fact he was banned negated his
> privledges on that site. Accessing that site or any other is a privledge,
> not a right and the site admins do have options.

You're entitled to disagree. The admins are also entitled to do as they
please. I just does not show a professional response to the supposed
infractions ya'll say Dave is guilty of... Hey ... we've had this
discussion before about me being a sysop for MSN. Dave is not dangerous,
isn't a pornographer, and isn't a pedofile and really is no danger to hack
anyones pc, either. Any ban applied to someone who isn't a thread should be
temporary until issues can be cleared up. For that matter, it should have
been discussed within the thread you pointed me to on SE, which it wasn't.
Yeah.. it's just my opinion, but my opinion is based on experience dealing
with the scum on the internet and banning them, instead of wasting time
banning people who ask questions that are harmless, yet irritating to the
admin there.

> Secondly, He didn't have to tell me anything about creating a new user
> account. The site is routely checked to ensure security is being
> maintained. His new account would have been flagged using any number of
> criteria. I'm not going to get into specifics of how it works, but to
> assume he or anyone else can create a new ID after losing another one; is
> foolish and somewhat arrogant. Not to mention, highly incorrect. You do
> not have anonymity on the internet, you have a false sense of it instead.

Want to bet? I was a sysop for many years and the only people who knew I
was a female were the other sysops I worked with. Everyone else thought I
was a man.

> The fact he had to register under another name because the admins didn't
> want him having an account there is actually a form of digital criminal
> tresspass.

He shouldn't have to re-register... ya'll are treating him like he is
dangerous so someone on the malwarebytes forum. That's just overkill, imo.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Jenn on
"JD" <JD(a)example.invalid> wrote in message
> Jenn wrote:
>>snip snip snip

>> Does your momma really let you stay up this late?

> Your momma jokes? I give up. You win.

I wasn't joking ..... you think foul language is cute or it makes you look
more like a man, or something. That's childish behavior.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: ~BD~ on
Jenn wrote:

> So enlighten me ... I'm fairly sure I understand bans and how they should
> be used, so you can skip that tutorial.

You make interesting comments, Jenn (as always! <s>)

The way this thread is panning out, it should provide useful material
for your forthcoming book - make sure you save the relevant bits! ;-)

--
Dave