From: Dave Plowman (News) on
In article <hsosq5$pf5$1(a)news.datemas.de>,
Gio <x(a)x.co.uk> wrote:

> "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
> > In article <9iscGcAmF87LFwqs(a)bancom.co.uk>,
> > tony sayer <tony(a)bancom.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> As above we need a replacement battery for our ACER 5630 laptop.
> >> Anyone can recommend a supplier of either original equipment
> >> (Panasonic Battery Li-ion pack) or decent replacement copy ones?..
> >
> > I got one for an old Toshiba laptop off Ebay. A lot cheaper than a
> > Toshiba one and is OK.
> >

> And the company was ? :-)

smart_parts_uk
Boris Stavenko
London
SW6 1QA

So there. ;-)

--
*Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? *

Dave Plowman dave(a)davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
From: Gio on

> In article <hsosq5$pf5$1(a)news.datemas.de>,
> Gio <x(a)x.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > I got one for an old Toshiba laptop off Ebay. A lot cheaper than a
>> > Toshiba one and is OK.
>> >

>> And the company was ? :-)
>
> smart_parts_uk
> Boris Stavenko
> London
> SW6 1QA
>
> So there. ;-)
>
> --

Well better than me, I forgot to enter where we bought ours from ! We also
bought a camcorder battery and charger at the same time.

http://www.exceldigital.org.uk/

Gio

From: Jeff Strickland on
Idon't know where to buy, but it occurs to me that this is the sort of thing
that eBay should have, and it would be a safe thing to buy from there.

From: Duncan Wood on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 16:11:47 +0100, Dave Plowman (News)
<dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <hsosq5$pf5$1(a)news.datemas.de>,
> Gio <x(a)x.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > I got one for an old Toshiba laptop off Ebay. A lot cheaper than a
>> > Toshiba one and is OK.
>> >

>> And the company was ? :-)
>
> smart_parts_uk
> Boris Stavenko
> London
> SW6 1QA
>
> So there. ;-)

I bought one from them. It waa faulty. In a strange reversal of most posts
of this nature, I complained, they apologised & sent me a perfectly good
one so I'd recommend them.

--
Duncan Wood
From: Roland Perry on
In message <hspuck$9tv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, at 16:16:09 on
Sun, 16 May 2010, Jeff Strickland <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> remarked:
>Idon't know where to buy, but it occurs to me that this is the sort of thing
>that eBay should have, and it would be a safe thing to buy from there.

You still have to be careful - many are apparently shipped from China,
and while maybe not outright counterfeights can use low-quality cells.
I've also had batteries without the right "chip" in them, and therefore
unrecognised by the laptop.
--
Roland Perry
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last