From: Kev Bishop on

"Dave Plowman (News)" <dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <aG3n6hCSjS8LFAEA(a)perry.co.uk>,
> Roland Perry <roland(a)perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <5118c22f46dave(a)davenoise.co.uk>, at 10:28:24 on Mon, 17 May
>> 2010, "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> remarked:
>> >
>> >That's why it's worth buying off Ebay and paying by PayPal. You'll get
>> >an easy refund if you have problems. But not some months down the line.
>
>> If shipping the offending item back to China is your idea of "easy", I'd
>> hate to see something difficult.
>
> Who said anything about shipping back to China? You simply demand a refund
> from Paypal.

And they will simply tell you that a refund will happen as soon as you
return the faulty goods to the seller, been there done that, several times,
different for non-delivery of course as TNP has suffered from as there is
nothing to return, but faulty goods they will not just refund as you
suggest.

From: Roland Perry on
In message <5119094b56dave(a)davenoise.co.uk>, at 23:25:08 on Mon, 17 May
2010, "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> remarked:
>> If shipping the offending item back to China is your idea of "easy", I'd
>> hate to see something difficult.
>
>Who said anything about shipping back to China? You simply demand a refund
>from Paypal.

It's not as automatic as you appear to think.

>> The PayPal refund will not apply if
>> the cells turn out to be short-lived or low-capacity, rather than
>> completely broken.
>
>If they are low capacity, you'll find that out within the period.

You have 45 days from payment, depends on how slow that slow boat from
China is.
--
Roland Perry
From: pete on
On Tue, 18 May 2010 05:59:51 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <5119094b56dave(a)davenoise.co.uk>, at 23:25:08 on Mon, 17 May
> 2010, "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave(a)davenoise.co.uk> remarked:
>>> If shipping the offending item back to China is your idea of "easy", I'd
>>> hate to see something difficult.
>>
>>Who said anything about shipping back to China? You simply demand a refund
>>from Paypal.
>
> It's not as automatic as you appear to think.
>
>>> The PayPal refund will not apply if
>>> the cells turn out to be short-lived or low-capacity, rather than
>>> completely broken.
>>
>>If they are low capacity, you'll find that out within the period.
>
> You have 45 days from payment, depends on how slow that slow boat from
> China is.

TBF, I've found stuff from China usually arrives in about a week, sometimes
a little longer - sometimes quicker than stuff from UK sellers who can't
be arsed to go to the post office!

However, even if you do manage to get a refund, that still leaves you
without a battery and you won't get back any of the charges the courier
or postal service makes, apropos VAT, duty and "handling" - if you get
charged for these.

From: Chris Shore on

"tony sayer" <tony(a)bancom.co.uk> wrote in message

> As above we need a replacement battery for our ACER 5630 laptop. Anyone
> can
> recommend a supplier of either original equipment (Panasonic Battery
> Li-ion
> pack) or decent replacement copy ones?..

I bought the most recent replacement for my son's Dell laptop from Amazon.
Was
very hard to find a better price without significant effort. Delivered
quickly. Worked
fine.

Chris

From: Dave Plowman (News) on
In article <4kSPiIFH7h8LFAzf(a)perry.co.uk>,
Roland Perry <roland(a)perry.co.uk> wrote:
> >If they are low capacity, you'll find that out within the period.

> You have 45 days from payment, depends on how slow that slow boat from
> China is.

Try reading up on the Paypal conditions for a refund.

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Dave Plowman dave(a)davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: BIOS Destroyed?