From: John Navas on
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 02:47:47 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
wrote in <4aeeff28(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>:

>-hh wrote:
>> Bob Larter <bobbylar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Really? That's news to me. Which lenses, & which bodies?
>>
>> The EF-S lenses won't work on full frame EOS bodies ... but that's
>> because its an EF-S lens, which is not an EF lens, but rather a lens
>> that's designed to be used on EF-S based EOS bodies, which are
>> compatible with both EF & EF-S lenses.
>
>Exactly. EF-S lenses aren't EF lenses.

Again, "You've defining the problem away..."

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John Navas on
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 01:31:40 -0600, Ghett Rheel <grheel(a)someisp.net>
wrote in <i22te516hmr4lnhpgs0195fjqm659o6mmt(a)4ax.com>:

>Kinda funny about the Ford decision. Imagine them trying to market their
>products to blind people. LOL .... Sounds pretty desperate to me. I can see
>the news now, "Film at 11: Ford, in an act of desperation, is trying to
>market their cars to blind people."

Not really funny -- see
http://lpp.seniordrivers.org/lpp/index.cfm?selection=visionreqs

From: John Navas on
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 08:03:24 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
wrote in <hcmvsc$v8l$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>:

>Ray Fischer wrote:
>>
>Take your own advice about trolls, Ray.

Irony, thy name is Usenet. Hypocrisy likewise.

From: nospam on
In article <14que5l8d2v13hg7gkc2f0gvipn8t0jb8l(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >The difference between SLRs and vehicles is that an SLR is adaptable to the
> >user's changing needs.
>
> On the contrary -- dSLR is non-upgradable and rapidly obsoleted, whereas
> a car can be upgraded and remains close to state-of-the-art throughout
> it's service life.

huh?

let's see you upgrade the car's engine, replace a standard transmission
with an automatic or add air conditioning if you opted to not include
it at the time of purchase. let's see you add odb-ii to an older car or
change a 2-wheel drive car into a 4-wheel drive car. it's anywhere from
prohibitively expensive to impossible.

where do you come up with this stuff?
From: John Navas on
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:00:53 -0000, "No spam please"
<me(a)spamnotwelcome.org> wrote in <hcnkdu$vmm$1(a)adenine.netfront.net>:

>I believe that the fuselage is a Faraday cage so it will alleviate
>interference from outside the aircraft ...

RF signals can and do penetrate windows.