From: John Navas on
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 01:23:30 -0400, in
<3vq236lgj545ugps1gnflgdpjubs4pjdnr(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:13:34 -0700, John Navas
><spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>>THE HORSE IS REALLY STINKING NOW!!! ;)

>And yet you keep galloping back.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get it out of the bar! :)

--
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:13:57 -0700, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:32:03 -0400, in
><pvn236thjol16jjbifu1sahm5airhk2ng6(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:19:27 -0700, John Navas
>><spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 23:51:08 -0400, in
>>><fcl236pkbdr20l179bqh8vib0hc9otgamc(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper

>>>The main purpose is whatever the owner wants it to be.

>>>So are you now down to arguing semantics and labels? ;)
>>
>>It's always been about that. ...
>
>Roger that.

Semantics and labels are important. If you want someone to hand you a
knife, you don't ask for a fork. You use the right label.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: nospam on
In article <2eo236lha9arr3og13llfvm8p4t94qke3n(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> >call it whatever you want. it's still useful without phone service.
>
> I don't argue with that. All those wonderful things you've listed are
> certainly useful for some people.
>
> Me, I want a phone.

that's why they make both. :)

i have a flip phone for calls, since as a phone, it's much, much
better, but for email and web browsing, it sucks.

> One of the other smokers had this device that did all the things
> you've talked about. (And functioned as a phone) He showed me this
> screen where all of his frequent contacts showed up on the screen as
> little blue dots in their present location. Some sort of GPS
> function, I suppose.
>
> I asked him how he used this feature. He said he never had, but it
> was there for him when he wanted it. Now that's fine for him, but if
> I wanted to know where my wife was at any given time I'd call her on
> my old phone-calls-only Nokia and ask her. Seems like it would serve
> the same purpose.
>
> I can think of a use for it, though. If someone had a
> girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband that they suspected of cheating, the
> blue dot would give them away if it was matched with another blue dot.

there are a number of apps that can do that, one of which is

<http://www.google.com/latitude/intro.html>

> I don't worry about that with my wife, though. I would just worry
> when her blue dot was at Neiman-Marcus or Nordstrom's or
> Bloomingdale's.

that's another issue :)
From: nospam on
In article <amp236t1v60ahpdtob8ts0j5vthtnrbj27(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'd call the iPhone an "iPhone" because that's the brand name for it.
> I'd call the Android an "Android" because that's the brand name for
> it. (Although I keep reading that as "adnoid")

android is the operating system, but there are a few android phones
that capitalize on that, such as the droid, droid incredible and droid
x.

> Generically, though, I wouldn't call them phones unless they were used
> as phones.

smartphones.
From: John Navas on
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 01:26:00 -0400, in
<v3r236te2rnkaaf2arsh3n9iket99h41h1(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:13:57 -0700, John Navas

>>Roger that.

>Semantics and labels are important. If you want someone to hand you a
>knife, you don't ask for a fork. You use the right label.

Can't you just let us bury the horse?! IT'S REALLY STINKING!!!

--
John

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
difficult to redirect, awe inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." --Gene Spafford