From: chris on
On 28/07/10 13:57, Woody wrote:
> chris<ithinkiam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 27/07/10 14:01, Jim wrote:
>>> <http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC380?mco=MTg1ODA3Njk>
>>>
>>> "The new Magic Trackpad is the first Multi-Touch trackpad designed to
>>> work with your Mac desktop computer. It uses the same Multi-Touch
>>> technology you love on the MacBook Pro. And it supports a full set of
>>> gestures, giving you a whole new way to control and interact with
>>> what.s
>>> on your screen. Swiping through pages online feels just like flipping
>>> through pages in a book or magazine. And inertial scrolling makes
>>> moving
>>> up and down a page more natural than ever. Magic Trackpad connects to
>>> your Mac via Bluetooth wireless technology. Use it in place of a
>>> mouse
>>> or in conjunction with one."
>>>

>>> Fifty-nine quid, which strikes me as a tad steep, although I like
>>> that
>>> you can use both a mouse -and- this together.
>>
>> I presume this would mean I could upgrade my ageing MBP to have modern
>> multi-touch goodness. Is that right?
>>
>> Even with an educational discount £52.88 needs thinking about...
>
> Well, it would require quite good metalwork skills I would have thought
> to do the upgrade

Heh. Well, y'know what I mean: use it /instead/ of the internal
trackpad. From the info all I need to ensure is that I have OS 10.6.4+

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-28 08:39:26 +0100, Jim said:

>>> I bought a wee USB AA and AAA battery charger from, I think, Tesco.
>>> Seems to do me fine and it's very convenient.
>>
>> Haven't you noticed how Apple says everything it does is thrilling?
>
> Good pooint - my Tesco charger is merely mildly tingly.

From the Safari 5.0.1 announcement:

"We're thrilled to see so many leading developers creating great
extensions and think our users are going to love being able to
customize Safari." says Brian Croll, Apple's VP of OS X Product
Marketing.
Sigh.
--
Chris

From: Jim on
On 2010-07-28, Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

>>> Haven't you noticed how Apple says everything it does is thrilling?
>>
>> Good pooint - my Tesco charger is merely mildly tingly.
>
> From the Safari 5.0.1 announcement:
>
> "We're thrilled to see so many leading developers creating great
> extensions and think our users are going to love being able to
> customize Safari." says Brian Croll, Apple's VP of OS X Product
> Marketing.
> Sigh.

They're just doing it to get to you. Ignore them.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Gwynne Harper on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> > Not as small and cute but it lives in the kitchen so that is an
> > advantage.
> >

> Mine's plugged into the back of my Time Capsule.

Does it back them up?

Gwynne
--
My real email is net, not line.
From: Jim on
On 2010-07-28, Gwynne Harper <g.harper(a)gmx.line> wrote:

>> > Not as small and cute but it lives in the kitchen so that is an
>> > advantage.
>> >

>> Mine's plugged into the back of my Time Capsule.
>
> Does it back them up?

Heh.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Multi-touch desktop touchpad