From: Sara on
In article <slrni506vq.1euk.jim(a)wotan.magrathea.local>,
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> >> I hadn't realised they did one, I've never seen one in the flesh.
> >>

> > I have, but fail to see the point... kind of understand it on the
> > wireless keyboard, which needs to be compact and movable, but not on the
> > wired one.
>
> What _I'd_ like is a full-sized wired keyboard, but instead of the
> numeric keypad it has the Magic Pad built in.
>
> That would rock.
>
> Jim

I'd still like a full-sized wireless keyboard.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Woody on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

>>> I hadn't realised they did one, I've never seen one in the flesh.
>>>

>> I have, but fail to see the point... kind of understand it on the
>> wireless keyboard, which needs to be compact and movable, but not on
> > the
>> wired one.
>
> What _I'd_ like is a full-sized wired keyboard, but instead of the
> numeric keypad it has the Magic Pad built in.
>
> That would rock.

Maybe although don't you think it would be better with a bit of distance
from the keyboard?

--
Woody
From: Jim on
On 2010-07-28, Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I have, but fail to see the point... kind of understand it on the
>>> wireless keyboard, which needs to be compact and movable, but not on
>> > the
>>> wired one.
>>
>> What _I'd_ like is a full-sized wired keyboard, but instead of the
>> numeric keypad it has the Magic Pad built in.
>>
>> That would rock.
>
> Maybe although don't you think it would be better with a bit of distance
> from the keyboard?

To properly cater for both left and right handed people, you mean? Good
point. They should do something like that.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: chris on
On 27/07/10 14:01, Jim wrote:
> <http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC380?mco=MTg1ODA3Njk>
>
> "The new Magic Trackpad is the first Multi-Touch trackpad designed to
> work with your Mac desktop computer. It uses the same Multi-Touch
> technology you love on the MacBook Pro. And it supports a full set of
> gestures, giving you a whole new way to control and interact with what.s
> on your screen. Swiping through pages online feels just like flipping
> through pages in a book or magazine. And inertial scrolling makes moving
> up and down a page more natural than ever. Magic Trackpad connects to
> your Mac via Bluetooth wireless technology. Use it in place of a mouse
> or in conjunction with one."
>

> Fifty-nine quid, which strikes me as a tad steep, although I like that
> you can use both a mouse -and- this together.

I presume this would mean I could upgrade my ageing MBP to have modern
multi-touch goodness. Is that right?

Even with an educational discount �52.88 needs thinking about...
From: Woody on
chris <ithinkiam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/07/10 14:01, Jim wrote:
>> <http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC380?mco=MTg1ODA3Njk>
>>
>> "The new Magic Trackpad is the first Multi-Touch trackpad designed to
>> work with your Mac desktop computer. It uses the same Multi-Touch
>> technology you love on the MacBook Pro. And it supports a full set of
>> gestures, giving you a whole new way to control and interact with
> > what.s
>> on your screen. Swiping through pages online feels just like flipping
>> through pages in a book or magazine. And inertial scrolling makes
> > moving
>> up and down a page more natural than ever. Magic Trackpad connects to
>> your Mac via Bluetooth wireless technology. Use it in place of a
> > mouse
>> or in conjunction with one."
>>

>> Fifty-nine quid, which strikes me as a tad steep, although I like
> > that
>> you can use both a mouse -and- this together.
>
> I presume this would mean I could upgrade my ageing MBP to have modern
> multi-touch goodness. Is that right?
>
> Even with an educational discount £52.88 needs thinking about...

Well, it would require quite good metalwork skills I would have thought
to do the upgrade

--
Woody
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last