From: Jim on
On 2010-07-28, Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Haven't you noticed how Apple says everything it does is thrilling?
>>
>> Good pooint - my Tesco charger is merely mildly tingly.
>

> Really? You may need to take it back then

But it's a _good_ tingle!

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: ray on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> And and even better way would be to make a wired trackpad!

A wired trackpad, a Mac Mini based media center in the lounge. I don't
think that's very practical.
Just forward thinking, Cupertino style.
--
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.php
Web development promotion and seo
From: Jim on
On 2010-07-28, ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> And and even better way would be to make a wired trackpad!
>
> A wired trackpad, a Mac Mini based media center in the lounge. I don't
> think that's very practical.
> Just forward thinking, Cupertino style.

I don't see why they couldn't have made it connectable via a USB lead
though (as well as Bluetooth). Best of both worlds and presumably
greener than constantly charging batteries.

Jim

From: Woody on
ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> And and even better way would be to make a wired trackpad!
>
> A wired trackpad, a Mac Mini based media center in the lounge. I don't
> think that's very practical.
> Just forward thinking, Cupertino style.

If apple made a media centre, that would be valid, but they don't.

I don't understand why they can't make both, like they do with the
keyboard.

--
Woody
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 07:05:25 +0100, jim(a)magrathea.plus.com (Jim)
wrote:

>Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> <http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC380?mco=MTg1ODA3Njk>
>
>And a first review from Macworld:
>
><http://www.macworld.com/reviews/product/586738/review/magic_trackpad.ht
>ml>
>
>Interesting snippet: "While the Magic Trackpad may not appear to support
>physical 'clicking', it indeed does: The two nubby, rubber feet on the
>bottom, along the front edge, actually have buttons built into them.
>When you press down on the trackpad surface, the feet 'click'

Oh dear - bad, bad choice of mechanism. That completely screws up any
use of it on the sofa, to control a media-Mini.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. -- Dr. Seuss
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last