From: Woody on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> On 2010-07-27 14:01:31 +0100, Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> said:
>
> > <http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC380?mco=MTg1ODA3Njk>
>
> Hurrah! Hurrah, I thought - I've been after one of these for -ages-.
> True, I'd have preferred one built into a keyboard but still....hurrah!
> So off to my wallet I go and...err...wait a sec, what? No physical
> button?
>
> Ah. I -hate- press-to-click.

I think it does have (or is) a physical button.

Although you still have to press it to click

> Oh well, I can continue to dream whilst using my faithful Logitech
> scrollmouse.
>
> > Fifty-nine quid, which strikes me as a tad steep, although I like that
> > you can use both a mouse -and- this together.
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of currency devaluation and rising fuel
> prices. It's not that the price of the trackpad is massively
> outrageous, it's that the pound is weak. Quantitive easing
> my....err....hmm.
> <http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=5Y>
> (they won't let me do 3Y, which is what I actually want).

Yeh, works out around being �52.
I guess they like it ending in 9!

--
Woody
Alienrat Design Ltd
From: Flavio Matani on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
> > Danny T <DannyTucsm(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This rather gushing piece TUAW about the new Apple batteries and charger
> > > holds out the possibility that it might not be quite as bad as that.
> > >
> > > http://www.tuaw.com/2010/07/27/apples-new-battery-charger-is-deceptively
> > > -cool/
> >
> > I read that earlier today. It's certainly intriguing.
>
> Although without wishing to be too negative, it is still just a battery
> charger.

You mean, you don't think it is a _magical_and_revolutionary_ battery
charger? :D

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition
From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-07-27 23:25:15 +0100, usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk (Woody) said:

> II think it does have (or is) a physical button.
>
> Although you still have to press it to click

Have now done some reading - yes, seems the whole thing is a button.
I'll need to see one I think, not that comfortable ordering on-spec.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Jochem Huhmann on
usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk (Woody) writes:

>> I read that earlier today. It's certainly intriguing.
>
> Although without wishing to be too negative, it is still just a battery
> charger.

Yeah, but my iPod touch gets charged about every second day, it is three
years old now and still holds up very well. On the first battery.
Compare that to an average charger with average batteries. If there's
one thing I really think Apple has some state of the art technology it's
batteries and charging smartness. OK, it still may be just an Apple
branded average charger. But if it is a good charger with good batteries
it can be a good product.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
From: Woody on
Jochem Huhmann <joh(a)gmx.net> wrote:

> usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk (Woody) writes:
>
> >> I read that earlier today. It's certainly intriguing.
> >
> > Although without wishing to be too negative, it is still just a battery
> > charger.
>
> Yeah, but my iPod touch gets charged about every second day, it is three
> years old now and still holds up very well. On the first battery.
> Compare that to an average charger with average batteries. If there's
> one thing I really think Apple has some state of the art technology it's
> batteries and charging smartness. OK, it still may be just an Apple
> branded average charger. But if it is a good charger with good batteries
> it can be a good product.

But I have some ordinary AA rechargables that are 3 years old that I use
all the time. Maybe they are good, but it would take a long time to
recover the cost extra with this.

And and even better way would be to make a wired trackpad!

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last