From: Woody on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:19:09 +0100, Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com>
> wrote:

>>> It does, but a lot of people don't like that. Personally I love it.
>>
>> I do too. The only bit I don't like is that it isn't default, so I
> > end
>> up tapping and not clicking in the loginwindow.
>
> You three are all perverts and weirdoes. Tap to click is the work of
> Beelzebub and should be taken out and shot.

Agreed.

Freaks, the lot of them
--
Woody
From: David Empson on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> And and even better way would be to make a wired trackpad!
> >
> > A wired trackpad, a Mac Mini based media center in the lounge. I don't
> > think that's very practical.
> > Just forward thinking, Cupertino style.
>
> If apple made a media centre, that would be valid, but they don't.
>
> I don't understand why they can't make both, like they do with the
> keyboard.

It appears Apple are phasing out the miniature USB keyboard.

The new iMacs can only choose between full size USB keyboard (with
numeric keypad), or wireless keyboard (without numeric keypad).

You can still buy the USB keyboard without numeric keypad ("Apple
Keyboard") as a separate item.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: Sara on
In article <1jmd42x.luzncj1i58icnN%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>,
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:

> Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > A wired trackpad, a Mac Mini based media center in the lounge. I don't
> > > think that's very practical.
> > > Just forward thinking, Cupertino style.
> >
> > If apple made a media centre, that would be valid, but they don't.
> >
> > I don't understand why they can't make both, like they do with the
> > keyboard.
>
> It appears Apple are phasing out the miniature USB keyboard.
>
> The new iMacs can only choose between full size USB keyboard (with
> numeric keypad), or wireless keyboard (without numeric keypad).
>
> You can still buy the USB keyboard without numeric keypad ("Apple
> Keyboard") as a separate item.

I hadn't realised they did one, I've never seen one in the flesh.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Flavio Matani on
Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <1jmd42x.luzncj1i58icnN%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>,
> dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:
>
> > Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> > > If apple made a media centre, that would be valid, but they don't.
> > >
> > > I don't understand why they can't make both, like they do with the
> > > keyboard.
> >
> > It appears Apple are phasing out the miniature USB keyboard.
> >
> > The new iMacs can only choose between full size USB keyboard (with
> > numeric keypad), or wireless keyboard (without numeric keypad).
> >
> > You can still buy the USB keyboard without numeric keypad ("Apple
> > Keyboard") as a separate item.
>
> I hadn't realised they did one, I've never seen one in the flesh.

I have, but fail to see the point... kind of understand it on the
wireless keyboard, which needs to be compact and movable, but not on the
wired one.

flavio matani
guitar tuition
http://www.flaviomatani.co.uk
http://fflavio.com
From: Jim on
On 2010-07-28, Flavio Matani <flavio_mataniTAKETHISBITOUT(a)mac.com> wrote:

>> > You can still buy the USB keyboard without numeric keypad ("Apple
>> > Keyboard") as a separate item.
>>
>> I hadn't realised they did one, I've never seen one in the flesh.
>>

> I have, but fail to see the point... kind of understand it on the
> wireless keyboard, which needs to be compact and movable, but not on the
> wired one.

What _I'd_ like is a full-sized wired keyboard, but instead of the
numeric keypad it has the Magic Pad built in.

That would rock.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Multi-touch desktop touchpad