First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
IEEE 14 bus coding
Code required for designing standard IEEE 14 bus.... ... 12 Aug 2010 11:28
vectorising computations on object arrays
Hi, is it possible to vectorise computations on arrays of user defined objects? for example, I have an array of myObject that contains 400 myObject elements. I can access individuals using myObject(i). I'm using for i=1:length(myObject) myObject(i).property=myObject(i).property^2; end wouldn't it be much f... 12 Aug 2010 11:28
suppose I have an equation x^2+x+y^2+3*y=5*y^2+3*y+3*x*y+5 andI want to find the set of (x,y) that satisfy the equation.
> Question How can i do that? I've been trying, solve, explot and subs. I can get the graph, but i cannot get the (x,y) pairs that I want. When I use function solve to solve the equation in term of x or y and then substitute the numeric value for one of them to find the other, I got the problem... 12 Aug 2010 16:58
Selecting X-labels from Matrix
Hello all - I'm trying to limit the number of x-axis labels that appear. I am changing the labels from numbers to date text, but I only want 5 or 6 labels from the 5000+ string to appear at any given time. I can modify the script to allow only 5 or 6 to appear, but the wrong labels are used. I'm currently using... 13 Aug 2010 08:07
colour map from image
Hi all, I have managed to get the Y'UV data from an image and superimposed the UV onto a grey image (128,U,V). The problem here is that I now have a large number of values stored as an image, so read in as a 256x320x3 uint8 data set. I am looking to extrapolate from this data the seperate colours I am using and ... 12 Aug 2010 13:39
spped of sparse vs. sparse2
Hi, usually I use sparse2 to create sparse matrices, as it is said to be faster (see Loren's blog). However I now have a problem where I am repeatedly (few hundred times) creating sparse diagonal matrices and sparse is 2-3x faster than sparse2. spdiags is the slowest solution. I wondered if there is a rational... 12 Aug 2010 10:22
OpenCL and MATLAB
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if OpenCL can be easily interfaced with MATLAB. I've been programming CUDA code which i've interfaced with MATLAB via the MEX interface, which, despite having some frustrations with the MEX interface, has been extremely productive, as i can examine results so easily in MATLA... 12 Aug 2010 10:22
Tricky if statement
Hello all, I have a GUI with 3 checkboxes that represent data types for chemical analysis. The GUI plots spectral data based upon the user selection. So 3 graphs maximum, 1 graph minimum. Before plotting the data, the program checks certain tags to see if the data on file is not up to the standards determined on s... 12 Aug 2010 11:28
boxplot bins
I think this is a fairly straight forward question but well see. I have an arbitrarily sized data set x and y, in two column vectors. I want to do box plots of y for even intervals of x on the same figure. How can I do this without breaking up my data set? thanks. ... 12 Aug 2010 16:58
Autocorrelation function of random signs
Hi, (Exercise) "Generate a set of N random signs u(k), with the same variance and dimension n. For each signs estimate its autocorrelation function Ruu(k). Plot one of the estimatives of Ruu(k) (use the command xcorr) and plot the Expected value E[ Ruu(k) ]. Consider that each sign with dimension n=1000 and N=1... 12 Aug 2010 13:40