From: Karl DeSaulniers on
I am going to ask my flash guru buddies.
Let me see if I can find anything out.

Karl

On May 22, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Robert Cummings wrote:

> Robert Cummings wrote:
>> Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
>>> Wow. I'm going to stay away from that one. I'm just trying to
>>> help this guy secure his learning API and that would be one way
>>> to insure that two browsers were not logged in on the same
>>> system. Especially if you weren't using a browser in the first
>>> place.
>>>
>>> Have you ever programed in flash?
>> Yes. But I prefer open source all the way :)
>
> BTW, I'm still not sure how you expect flash to solve the problem.
> I can just run a virtual machine with another flash instance. Seems
> to me like your trading cauliflower for broccoli... they're both
> vegetables.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.
> --
> E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
> attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.
> This message is intended solely for the addressee(s). Disclosure,
> copying, and distribution are prohibited unless authorized.

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: Karl DeSaulniers on
What about creating a java or ajax proxy that verifies the system
mixed with PHP login security and cookies?
Maybe mix it with some SSL??

Karl

On May 22, 2010, at 10:37 PM, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:

> I am going to ask my flash guru buddies.
> Let me see if I can find anything out.
>
> Karl
>

> On May 22, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Robert Cummings wrote:
>
>> Robert Cummings wrote:

>>> Yes. But I prefer open source all the way :)
>>
>> BTW, I'm still not sure how you expect flash to solve the problem.
>> I can just run a virtual machine with another flash instance.
>> Seems to me like your trading cauliflower for broccoli... they're
>> both vegetables.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob.
>> --
>> E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
>> attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.
>> This message is intended solely for the addressee(s). Disclosure,
>> copying, and distribution are prohibited unless authorized.
>>
>> --
>>

> Karl DeSaulniers
> Design Drumm
> http://designdrumm.com

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: Karl DeSaulniers on
Also, on the flash subject, I believe you can utilize the
SharedObject class to achieve what they are wanting.
I was told that you MUST remember to delete the SharedObject if the
browser window is closed or crashes.
Not sure on how this is done.

Karl

On May 23, 2010, at 3:59 AM, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:

> What about creating a java or ajax proxy that verifies the system
> mixed with PHP login security and cookies?
> Maybe mix it with some SSL??
>
> Karl
>

> On May 22, 2010, at 10:37 PM, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
>
>> I am going to ask my flash guru buddies.
>> Let me see if I can find anything out.
>>
>> Karl

>>> BTW, I'm still not sure how you expect flash to solve the
>>> problem. I can just run a virtual machine with another flash
>>> instance. Seems to me like your trading cauliflower for
>>> broccoli... they're both vegetables.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Rob.
>>> --
>>> E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
>>> attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.
>>> This message is intended solely for the addressee(s). Disclosure,
>>> copying, and distribution are prohibited unless authorized.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Karl DeSaulniers
>> Design Drumm
>> http://designdrumm.com
>>

>> --
>>

> Karl DeSaulniers
> Design Drumm
> http://designdrumm.com

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: Robert Cummings on
A virtual machine is like a separate computer, but running in the same
computer. It would easily thwart this.

Cheers,
Rob.

From: Robert Cummings on
See comment on virtual machine :) But even without a virtual machine, is
this SharedObject saved in a browser determined location, or does the
flash app get a say on where it wants to go. Is it shared between flash
apps in same browser, or shared across all browsers on same machine.

Cheers,
Rob.