From: Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up. on
On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 18:59:38 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Outing Trolls is FUN! wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:40:06 GMT, "David J Taylor"
>> <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> "Paul Ciszek" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> []
>>> I was responding to your remark about image quality important. Many of
>>> today's DSLRs have an automatic mode which works in a similar way to that
>>> on a compact camera, but you may want to use less automation to get more
>>> control of the settings once you learn more about photography, and that
>>> applies equally to DSLRs as is does to small sensor cameras.
>>>
>>> In ideal taking conditions, small-sensor cameras can produce good quality
>>> images, but if the light is poor, and the camera's sensitivity needs to be
>>> increased (and cameras will do this automatically for you), the "noise" in
>>> the image will increase, leading to a grainy appearance and some loss of
>>> detail.
>>
>> Yet pro photographers have been taking photos on ASA25, ASA64, ASA100, and
>> ASA200 all their lives for nearly a century.
>
>Not at night, they haven't.
>
>> Higher ISOs are only required
>> by those that don't know how to use a camera properly--beginner
>> snapshooters.
>
>Ever heard of Tri-X?

Bob Larter's legal name: Lionel Lauer
Home news-group, an actual group in the "troll-tracker" hierarchy:
alt.kook.lionel-lauer (established on, or before, 2004)
Registered Description: "the 'owner of several troll domains' needs a group where he'll stay on topic."

<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&num=10&as_ugroup=alt.kook.lionel-lauer>

"Results 1 - 10 of about 2,170 for group:alt.kook.lionel-lauer."
From: Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up. on

From: Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up. on

From: NameHere on
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:27:06 -0500, "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net>
wrote:

>However for macro work, if one is serious about it, the camera is just the
>iceberg tip. One also needs decent and somewhat specialized lighting and
>proper camera supports.

This is where a P&S camera excels. No special lighting nor supports are
required. Due to the deeper DOF you can shoot remarkable macro photos using
available light at all times at wider apertures at hand-held shutter
speeds. Have none of you ever used any cameras in your lifetime? (The
answer to that is more than obvious.)

From: NameHere on
On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 02:09:56 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <never(a)home.com>
wrote:

>I have not done any extreme close-up work with any camera of this type so
>cannot comment on that.

Then stop handing out advice on something that you know absolutely nothing
about.