From: Chris Malcolm on
Wolfgang Weisselberg <ozcvgtt02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Bart Bailey <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>> 01:59:46 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote: Begin

>>>How do
>>>you attach a studio flash system to a P&S camera.

>> Use a slave trigger.

> Nice preflashes does that P&S have.

> And the full frontal flash from the P&S does wonders for bad shots.
> Sure, you can put something over it --- but at some point it
> won't fire the studio flashes, and still disturb the image.

If the minimum flash power which will trigger the studio flashes is
bright enough to have any noticeable effect on a subject lit by the
minimum power of the studio flashes I'd demand my money back on the
grounds that such excessively feeble flashes with such insensitive
triggers were not fit for their advertised purpose!

--
Chris Malcolm
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Chris Malcolm <cam(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> If the minimum flash power which will trigger the studio flashes is
> bright enough to have any noticeable effect on a subject lit by the
> minimum power of the studio flashes I'd demand my money back on the
> grounds that such excessively feeble flashes with such insensitive
> triggers were not fit for their advertised purpose!

Try it with a reflective surface or shooting straight into a mirror.

-Wolfgang
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Chris Malcolm <cam(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Ray Fischer <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
>> Chris Malcolm <cam(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> If the camera controls can't do that enough,
>>>stick a bit of white paper over it.

>> Seems like it'd be a lot easier to use a better camera.

> I'm glad to hear that it's much easier for you to find a few hundred
> dollars than to stick a bit of paper over a flashgun window. Some of
> us are not so fortunate.

Since in that case you rent the studio flashes anyway, you can
rent the camera as well ...

-Wolfgang
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Bart Bailey <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> 20:15:05 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote: Begin

>>Nice preflashes does that P&S have.

> Wouldn't simply turning OFF the red-eye reduction
> eliminate all but the one flash?

Not necessarily.

-Wolfgang
From: Scott W on
On Dec 10, 9:58 pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg <ozcvgt...(a)sneakemail.com>
wrote:
> Chris Malcolm <c...(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> > If the minimum flash power which will trigger the studio flashes is
> > bright enough to have any noticeable effect on a subject lit by the
> > minimum power of the studio flashes I'd demand my money back on the
> > grounds that such excessively feeble flashes with such insensitive
> > triggers were not fit for their advertised purpose!
>
> Try it with a reflective surface or shooting straight into a mirror.
>
> -Wolfgang

So you are saying that if I am trying to take a photo of my camera by
shooting its reflection in a mirror and I happen to be using slave
strobes at the time there could be a problem? I am wondering how
often someone would want a hand held photo of themselves holding their
camera?

Scott