From: Martin on
On 28/05/10 23:48, Martin wrote:
> On 28/05/10 17:01, taco wrote:
>> Martin wrote:

>>> I am using Gnome.
>> Don't think gnome has anything to do with this. Try to disable any 3D
>> acceleration and play with refresh rates if possible. this is normally the
>> solution for this kind of problems.
>> taco
>
> I turned off the 3D accelerator and the problems are solved. Thanks!

I spoke too soon. When I rebooted, the problem was back and now no
matter how many times I turn off the 3D accelerator now, it has no effect.
I used SAX2 to manage the Nvidia settings.
From: Darklight on
Martin wrote:

> I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
> antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
> working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
> 1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
> 2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
> maxising/minimising/closing
> windows are missing.
> 3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.

you should what nvidia driver you installed.
From: Martin on
On 29/05/10 10:19, Darklight wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>> I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
>> antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
>> working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
>> 1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
>> 2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
>> maxising/minimising/closing
>> windows are missing.
>> 3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.
>
> you should what nvidia driver you installed.

Eh? Did you omit some words?

I installed the Nvidia driver for Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600
From: Darklight on
Martin wrote:

> On 29/05/10 10:19, Darklight wrote:
>> Martin wrote:
>>
>>> I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
>>> antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
>>> working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
>>> 1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
>>> 2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
>>> maxising/minimising/closing
>>> windows are missing.
>>> 3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.
>>
>> you should what nvidia driver you installed.
>
> Eh? Did you omit some words?
>
> I installed the Nvidia driver for Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600

Yes but which one, the one from opensuse which is the one click install or the one from
the nvidia web site which you have to compile your self.

From: Martin on
On 30/05/10 09:21, Darklight wrote:
> Martin wrote:

>>> you should what nvidia driver you installed.
>>
>> Eh? Did you omit some words?
>>
>> I installed the Nvidia driver for Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600
>
> Yes but which one, the one from opensuse which is the one click install or the one from
> the nvidia web site which you have to compile your self.

The one from opensuse
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Conexant Falcon II Help