From: Eef Hartman on
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> No. Obe-Click-Install is just a front to zypper, just like YaST is. And
> zypper is a front to RPM. That is why I thought it was strange thta
> there were issues with it.

Sorry to correct you but both YaST and zypper are independant programs
(neither is a front to the other), although they both make use of
libzypp (which is the library that does the actual work).
From zypper's man page:
zypper is a command-line interface to ZYpp system management library.
It can be used to install, update, remove software, manage reposito-
ries, perform various queries, and more.
And One-Click-Install sets the YaST Meta Package handler to work, which
is one of the optional YaST modules you can install:
/sbin/OneClickInstallCLI
/usr/share/YaST2/clients/OneClickInstallCLI.ycp
(out of the yast2-metapackage-handler package)

PS: zypper was developed with as example Novell's "rug" product although
it also was influenced by Novell ZENworks.
It was introduced in openSUSE 10.2, as far as I know, while YaST is much
older.
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl - phone: +31-15-27 82525 **
From: Martin on
On 04/06/10 08:06, houghi wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>>> The hardware has nothing to do with one-click-install.
>>
>> It might with the problems I have. :o)
>
> No. Obe-Click-Install is just a front to zypper, just like YaST is. And
> zypper is a front to RPM. That is why I thought it was strange thta
> there were issues with it.

I meant that if you had installed it for the same card and it worked for
you I would know definitely that the problems were of my own making.

>>> I was refering
>>> that it apparently failed "too many times" which I think is very
>>> strange.
>>
>> I suspect the problem I have is caused by Nvidia providing one driver to
>> support too many legacy cards.
>
> That could well be.

I think the driver probably works but the x-11 ... file is wrong.

It is the windowing that is not correct. The top line of every window
and most windows functionality is missing amongst other things. If I run
Google Maps I get the higher resolution and speed that the graphics card
provides.
The correct graphics board and display are recognised.
From: Martin on
On 04/06/10 10:07, Eef Hartman wrote:
> houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
>> No. Obe-Click-Install is just a front to zypper, just like YaST is. And
>> zypper is a front to RPM. That is why I thought it was strange thta
>> there were issues with it.
>
> Sorry to correct you but both YaST and zypper are independant programs
> (neither is a front to the other), although they both make use of
> libzypp (which is the library that does the actual work).
> From zypper's man page:
> zypper is a command-line interface to ZYpp system management library.
> It can be used to install, update, remove software, manage reposito-
> ries, perform various queries, and more.
> And One-Click-Install sets the YaST Meta Package handler to work, which
> is one of the optional YaST modules you can install:
> /sbin/OneClickInstallCLI
> /usr/share/YaST2/clients/OneClickInstallCLI.ycp
> (out of the yast2-metapackage-handler package)
>
> PS: zypper was developed with as example Novell's "rug" product although
> it also was influenced by Novell ZENworks.
> It was introduced in openSUSE 10.2, as far as I know, while YaST is much
> older.
You are right.
Yast already existed in 2002/2003 in Open Suse 8.1
From: Darklight on
Martin wrote:

> On 04/06/10 10:07, Eef Hartman wrote:
>> houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
>>> No. Obe-Click-Install is just a front to zypper, just like YaST is. And
>>> zypper is a front to RPM. That is why I thought it was strange thta
>>> there were issues with it.
>>
>> Sorry to correct you but both YaST and zypper are independant programs
>> (neither is a front to the other), although they both make use of
>> libzypp (which is the library that does the actual work).
>> From zypper's man page:
>> zypper is a command-line interface to ZYpp system management library.
>> It can be used to install, update, remove software, manage reposito-
>> ries, perform various queries, and more.
>> And One-Click-Install sets the YaST Meta Package handler to work, which
>> is one of the optional YaST modules you can install:
>> /sbin/OneClickInstallCLI
>> /usr/share/YaST2/clients/OneClickInstallCLI.ycp
>> (out of the yast2-metapackage-handler package)
>>
>> PS: zypper was developed with as example Novell's "rug" product although
>> it also was influenced by Novell ZENworks.
>> It was introduced in openSUSE 10.2, as far as I know, while YaST is much
>> older.
> You are right.
> Yast already existed in 2002/2003 in Open Suse 8.1

just a quick question what window manager are you using

From: Martin on
On 05/06/10 10:48, Darklight wrote:
> Martin wrote:

>>> Sorry to correct you but both YaST and zypper are independant programs
>>> (neither is a front to the other), although they both make use of
>>> libzypp (which is the library that does the actual work).
>>> From zypper's man page:
>>> zypper is a command-line interface to ZYpp system management library.
>>> It can be used to install, update, remove software, manage reposito-
>>> ries, perform various queries, and more.
>>> And One-Click-Install sets the YaST Meta Package handler to work, which
>>> is one of the optional YaST modules you can install:
>>> /sbin/OneClickInstallCLI
>>> /usr/share/YaST2/clients/OneClickInstallCLI.ycp
>>> (out of the yast2-metapackage-handler package)
>>>
>>> PS: zypper was developed with as example Novell's "rug" product although
>>> it also was influenced by Novell ZENworks.
>>> It was introduced in openSUSE 10.2, as far as I know, while YaST is much
>>> older.
>> You are right.
>> Yast already existed in 2002/2003 in Open Suse 8.1
>
> just a quick question what window manager are you using

Gnome. I mentioned it at the beginning of this thread.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Conexant Falcon II Help
Next: Firefox over ssh