From: Martin on
I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
maxising/minimising/closing
windows are missing.
3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.
From: Martin on
On 28/05/10 14:46, Martin wrote:
> I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
> antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
> working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
> 1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
> 2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
> maxising/minimising/closing
> windows are missing.
> 3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.

I am using Gnome.
From: taco on
Martin wrote:

> On 28/05/10 14:46, Martin wrote:
>> I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
>> antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
>> working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
>> 1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
>> 2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
>> maxising/minimising/closing
>> windows are missing.
>> 3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.
>
> I am using Gnome.
Don't think gnome has anything to do with this. Try to disable any 3D
acceleration and play with refresh rates if possible. this is normally the
solution for this kind of problems.
taco
From: Martin on
On 28/05/10 17:01, taco wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>> On 28/05/10 14:46, Martin wrote:
>>> I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
>>> antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
>>> working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
>>> 1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
>>> 2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
>>> maximising/minimising/closing
>>> windows are missing.
>>> 3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.
>>
>> I am using Gnome.
> Don't think gnome has anything to do with this.

I guessed that but added it in case.

> Try to disable any 3D
> acceleration and play with refresh rates if possible. this is normally the
> solution for this kind of problems.
> taco

I solved 1) by setting up the monitor again.
From: Martin on
On 28/05/10 17:01, taco wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>> On 28/05/10 14:46, Martin wrote:
>>> I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers for my
>>> antique Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. As a result the graphics card is
>>> working OK, BUT windowing is messed up
>>> 1)The left hand column in every window containing text is missing
>>> 2)The the icons in the top left corner of all windows for
>>> maxising/minimising/closing
>>> windows are missing.
>>> 3) If I open a terminal I can't type into it.
>>
>> I am using Gnome.
> Don't think gnome has anything to do with this. Try to disable any 3D
> acceleration and play with refresh rates if possible. this is normally the
> solution for this kind of problems.
> taco

I turned off the 3D accelerator and the problems are solved. Thanks!
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Conexant Falcon II Help
Next: Firefox over ssh