From: Martin on
On 12/06/10 00:34, Kevin Miller wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>>> No, seriously dude. You could probably find a hot 9800 or such on
>>> Craig'slist or such for $10.
>>
>> I am in the Netherlands
>
> So start a "Han's list". You'll probably end up a billionaire!
> :-)

Do you really think my classic collectors item Nvidia graphics card is
worth so much? :o)
From: Martin on
On 12/06/10 01:15, noi ance wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 00:05:16 +0200, Martin typed this message:
>
>> On 11/06/10 23:20, Archimedes' Lever wrote:

>>> You can typically buy a two year old card at Fry's for $49 that was a
>>> $350 card hen it came out.
>>>
>>> $50 is worth NOT having all the consternation.
>>>
>>> Hell, I have old cards in a box that are newer than yers. :-)
>>
>> LOL
>>

>>> I could sell you one for $30 that cost me $300...
>>> Brings to mind a recent movie line though...
>>>
>>> "Why would they help us? - Dr. Grace Augustine, Avatar
>>>
>>> No, seriously dude. You could probably find a hot 9800 or such on
>>> Craig'slist or such for $10.
>>
>> I am in the Netherlands
>
> You should try eBay (reputable dealers) and Amazon. Descent cards are
> available (and I think cheaper than Craigslist).

Good thinking. So which card is supported ***and*** works with Open Suse
11.2
From: Martin on
On 12/06/10 01:41, houghi wrote:
> noi ance wrote:
>> You should try eBay (reputable dealers) and Amazon. Descent cards are
>> available (and I think cheaper than Craigslist).
>
> Or just go for a new one. GeForce 9 starts at 40EUR at Alternate.nl

Thanks! Is that what you are using, Houghi?
From: Abbey Somebody on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:19:36 +0200, Martin <martin(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On 12/06/10 01:15, noi ance wrote:

>>> LOL

>>> I am in the Netherlands
>>
>> You should try eBay (reputable dealers) and Amazon. Descent cards are
>> available (and I think cheaper than Craigslist).
>
>Good thinking. So which card is supported ***and*** works with Open Suse
>11.2

Nvidia? Should be "any and all".

However, I usually lean toward a specific Nvidia card maker. EVGA.

Nvidia would be nice, but they are about 30% overpriced at least.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Conexant Falcon II Help
Next: Firefox over ssh