First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Physical Standby Database and v$Recover_file Query
Hi I have created a traditional physical standby instance from a hot backup using a standby controlfile etc. from the primary db (10.2.0.4). Not using dataguard but there were no issues during creation. In standby mode if I querry v$recover file I receive the following. FILE# ONLINE ONLINE_STATUS ERROR CHAN... 8 Feb 2010 11:04
How to use REGEXP_SUBSTR to extract owner/obj/part from full obj name ?
Ibo <ibodogan(a)hotmail.com> writes: i got object or schema name in following format: owner[.object_name[.partition_name]] This naming allows to define schemans, objects and partitions. I have a sp_crackname procedure to extract fields form this name but i think it is running slow when processig... 4 Feb 2010 19:05
How to use REGEXP_SUBSTR to extract owner/obj/part from full obj name ?
i got object or schema name in following format: owner[.object_name[.partition_name]] This naming allows to define schemans, objects and partitions. I have a sp_crackname procedure to extract fields form this name but i think it is running slow when processign thousands of names. I need to use REGEXP_SUBST... 4 Feb 2010 16:49
Regular Expressions; return a buried match
select REGEXP_SUBSTR(encodedField, '^\d{4}(\d\d)') from table; I want the 5th and 6th digit. Can Oracle do this? ... 5 Feb 2010 07:11
New dbTrends Software Product for Oracle AWR and STATSPACK Released
Hello, spViewer Software is proud to announce new premier software product "dbTrends for Oracle AWR and STATSPACK". This new software is the next generation of our world-known and popular products Statspack Viewer and spViewer Enterprise. dbTrends is based on a new performance tuning and monitoring approach base... 4 Feb 2010 12:16
ytd calculation
Hi, If, I want to calculate ytd ( year to date calculation ), then i have to sum up monthly then sum up for yearly. Eg : I have to calculate YTD as follows : GL Curr Day Amount Month YTD 5805 45454 1-Jan 5.23 5.23 5.23 5805 45454 2-Jan -4.52 0.71 5.94 5805 45454 3-Jan 25.3 26.01 31.95 5805 45454 4-Jan 10.53... 5 Feb 2010 17:18
Optimizer issue in 11g
Hi, We have queries that have been completing in minutes for months in 11.1.0.7 that suddenly took hours to complete. Since the database table data are relatively static, we decided to disable the nightly auto stats gathering job, hoping for a more stable environment, but we are still having the same issue occasio... 19 Feb 2010 09:49
Problem with 10G Physical Standby Database (archive gap). HELP :-)
Hi I'm having some isses with a 10G physical standby database and an archive gap. The standby instance does not use dataguard because of bandwidth limitations so instead I periodically copy over and manually register any archive logs from the primary instance i.e. alter database register physical logfile xxxxx. ... 2 Feb 2010 14:39
database network performance requirements
I'm doing some research on network performance requirements for database applications. I was wondering if anyone in this group would be willing to share their opinions regarding specific values that should be used as targets (latency/delay, jitter, packet loss). Various vendor documentation provides some guideline... 6 Feb 2010 20:43
Advice on running Oracle with SGA > 20 GB
The amount of memory provisioned in new servers keeps growing, we have several servers where single image of OS (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX) has access to more than 32 GB RAM. A question arises how to use this memory most efficiently to run Oracle databases, in particular what problems one may experience when running Or... 2 Feb 2010 21:55