First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Is there any way to Synchronize 2 databases on Oracle 10g Standard One edition ?
Hi all I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One edition. How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots ) and is there any better ways in 10g R2? Thank you. Best Lau. Lu ... 1 Apr 2010 16:51
Future of Oracle RDBMS?
I wonder what your thoughts are about the future of the Oracle RDBMS. I read a lot of sentiment on the web against Oracle - and I see that several of my coworkers are affected too. Reasons are for example: - Oracle licenses are expensive, I have seen several projects only for 'consolidations' in number of insta... 23 Mar 2010 15:55
Select As question
In SQL I am able to select a field as something else. I will use this in generic function for naming grid columns readable to the user. e.g. Select bdate as [Date of Birth] from .... Oracle via ADO does not seem to like the [] around the "AS" name. How would I accomplish this in Oracle? ... 21 Mar 2010 15:02
How do oracle programmers send batches of SQL from inside a program?
Thomas Gagne <TandGandGAGNE(a)gmail.com> writes: John Hurley wrote: <snip> Multiple sql statements in a batch? Why would you want to do that in oracle? Performance. Do as much with a single trip to the database as possible to avoid going back and forth between client and server. Red... 24 Mar 2010 22:45
_MAX_TRANSACTION_COUNT
Does anybody know the purpose of _MAX_TRANSACTION_COUNT? Multiple documents recommend setting the parameter to 12 to improve the performance of SQL apply, but why? SQL> exec dbms_logstdby.apply_set ('_MAX_TRANSACTION_COUNT',12); Regards, Guy Peleg Maklee Engineering ... 21 Mar 2010 13:49
How to do path with spaces
I've been given a script with two variable spots for a path. However, the path I would like to use includes spaces. Can someone advise how I could do this using below as my example? If I take all spaces out then the update in my database occurs...but with spaces it does not. define control_file_path = C... 22 Mar 2010 08:14
How do oracle programmers send batches of SQL from inside a program?
If inside a program I want to send multiple SQL statements inside a single batch, how is this done inside a program? I'm using .Net and OracleDataAdapter to submit an OracleCommand. Whenever I try to send multiple select statements I get an error complaining the SELECT needs an INTO clause, or if I try multiple ... 21 Mar 2010 12:41
10.2.0.5 Patchset
Does anybody have an inkling when will Oracle release a proper patchset that I can justify for my management? This situation is infuriating. -- http://mgogala.byethost5.com ... 21 Mar 2010 08:17
Can a procedure contain only a SELECT statement?
I'm looking around for Oracle 10g CREATE PROCEDURE syntax and looking for examples with simple SELECT statements inside. I see a lot of DML but none with simple SELECT statements. I'm thinking something like create or replace procedure aSimpleSelect (aLikeValue char(4)) as begin select * from aTableNa... 26 Mar 2010 19:09
semvmx
hp-ux 11.23 Itanium, Oracle 10.2.0.4 I ran Oracle's rda tool (rda.sh -T hcve what they call a database health check, they robotically ask for it with support calls), and it tells me semvmx is too small. I have it set to 32767 as the install guide and Oracle doc 169706.1 says, but the tool thinks it should be 32... 18 Mar 2010 14:18