First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Query with LONG RAW
Hi, How can I speed up the query below (third party software) it takes 30 min to execute. Oracle 9.2.0.6 LONG RAW on PFMQ_MESSAGEDATASTORAGE Thanks in advance ******************************************************************************** SELECT mds.messagepartdata, ms.status, mi.ID, mi.messageguid, m... 2 Mar 2010 21:28
When are projections done?
Consider a table and a query referring to only a subset of the columns in that table. How early in the query evaluation is the projection carried out? Are the columns to be selected filtered out as early as in the very access method that reads the table rows from the buffer, or are the projection handled later, ... 5 Mar 2010 09:24
Oracle database 10g R2
hi all i have done oracle 10g database cource but i just want to know what is the difference regarding performence,management of a database in oracle 10g R2 because when i was learning it ,at that time oracle database R2 was not released or may be we used to learn on oracle database 10g ..... thank yo... 26 Feb 2010 14:11
Multiple SQL_IDs....why?
Oracle 10.2.0.3 on solaris, running a select query on a test machine takes one second, execution plan shows that index range scan is used. On the production node same statement takes more than a minute and execution plan shows full table scan. On the production node, looking at V$SQL I can see that I have two e... 25 Feb 2010 15:56
Reverse engineer SQL_TEXT from SQL_ID?
10.2.0.3 64 bit Standard on SLES 10 two node RAC Hi All, Does anyone know if it is possible to reverse engineer the SQL_TEXT for a given SQL_ID? We had large waits yesterday afternoon on 'enq: HW contention'. I found the SQL_ID in DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY that was being executed when the event was posted... 25 Feb 2010 13:39
location of oracle asmlib disks in solaris
Hello, What is the directory where oracle asmlib disks are created under solaris? On linux, the directory is "/dev/oracleasm/disks". I need to know the equivalent directory in solaris. Also does asmlib create both "block" and "raw" devices on solaris? Thanks and Regards, Mannu. ... 23 Feb 2010 11:15
Dynamic table comparision issue
I'm trying to write a stored procedure which will compare two tables dynamically and will display the difference. The input parameter are two table names and columnames(optional) I get the column names from all_tab_cols table and dynamically form a select statement, when executed will give me the difference betwe... 27 Feb 2010 10:59
Ways to Generate References to Specific Character String in a Schema
Hi, In a 10g database, I am looking for all ways to list references to a specific data string in any table of a specific schema, assuming that the fields are all VARCHAR2. For example, suppose that there is a schema named OLYMPICS. That schema has many tables, and I am looking for all tables that have a dat... 23 Feb 2010 14:41
Any database diagramming tools out there ?
Where are looking for a tool which will show the relationships between a table and all its related objects such as triggers, views, procedures, etc. We already have TOAD which shoes these relationships in a tabular form but we are after a utility which would have the ability to show these relationship in somethi... 24 Feb 2010 04:13
Oracle Auditing
Has anyone used some of the Oracle FGA? We're needing to enable some auditing. I'm having trouble getting it to work. Reading all the documentation on this is taking a while as there are so many options. We're running 10g R2 Enterprise on CentOS. We want to basically audit everything that 5 users do. Can a... 22 Feb 2010 11:49