From: Al on

"Han" <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in message
> "Al" <nospam(a)example.invalid> wrote in
>
>> "Han" <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in message
>>> Ken Blake <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in

>>> Maybe this would be a case for Mint ...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards
>>> Han
>>> email address is invalid
>>
>> Well, I think that ...

>> Al
>
> I hear you Al, but my rebuttal would include that it might be possible to
> steal or eavesdrop from your phone as well.
> I tried pocket Quicken once, very, very long ago, and was severely
> underwhelmed.
>
> To the OP (Ken Blake): Did you consider Mint?
>
> --
> Best regards
> Han
> email address is invalid

I read you Han, and, indeed my phone can be stolen or lost (which us geezers
are prone to do together with car keys and the like), but no one can
eavesdrop on me as I don't use the internet features of the smartphone (too
cheap - me, certainly not the internet connection), preferring borrowing PCs
in businesses visited, or using - just for unimportant mail [temporary email
address just for trip lentgh] or Googling - any available and sufficiently
cheap internet cafe.

Al
..

From: Ken Blake on
On 02 Apr 2010 18:53:43 GMT, Han <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote:

> "Al" <nospam(a)example.invalid> wrote in
>
> > "Han" <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in message
> >> Ken Blake <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in

> >> Maybe this would be a case for Mint ...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards
> >> Han
> >> email address is invalid
> >
> > Well, I think that ...
> > 1. ... I don't like my financial info on anyplace other than my
> > devices - that is, I don't like Qkn Online nor Mint concepts.
> > 2. ... there is no sync connection nor export/import between PC-based
> > traditional Quicken and Mint, but I could be wrong - not 1st time.
> > 3. ... it' a pity that the Landware Intuit relationship is dissolved.
> > I use Pocket Quicken extensively as I travel far, wide and long. My
> > smartphone has the accounts I want (checking & 2 credit cards) without
> > acct info to id them and I leave behind investment and other accounts,
> > although I do carry 10 years of history and use the payee, category,
> > class/tag & memorized transaction lists - one does indeed return to
> > the same places. I can run reports, finds, and when I return I sync
> > with PC-based Qkn.
> >
> > That's my 3-cents worth (inflation, I guess).
> >
> > Al
>
> I hear you Al, but my rebuttal would include that it might be possible to
> steal or eavesdrop from your phone as well.
> I tried pocket Quicken once, very, very long ago, and was severely
> underwhelmed.
>
> To the OP (Ken Blake): Did you consider Mint?

No. I didn't really want to start with a whole new program.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Han on

>> To the OP (Ken Blake): Did you consider Mint?
>

> No. I didn't really want to start with a whole new program.

As others have mentioned, you could download everything on your return, but
while on the trip keep up with your account(s).

--
Best regards
Han
From: Han on

> Ken Blake <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in
>
>>> To the OP (Ken Blake): Did you consider Mint?
>>

>> No. I didn't really want to start with a whole new program.
>
> As others have mentioned, you could download everything on your
> return, but while on the trip keep up with your account(s).

But mabe I didn't understand your needs.

--
Best regards
Han
From: John Carter on
Ken Blake <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in

> I run Quicken 2010. I would like to do the following for when I'm
> on vacation, if I could. Can somebody tell me whether it's
> possible, and if so, how to do it.
>
> Install a copy of Quicken on my laptop, but have none of my
> financial information (account numbers, balances, etc.) on it. The
> only things I would want would be my checking account (for ATM
> transactions) and a credit card account.
>
> I'd like to record transactions in those two accounts, and then
> when I returned home transfer all of those transactions to my
> desktop copy of Quicken.
>
> Setting up Quicken on the laptop and recording the transactions is
> easy, but I don't know of a way to transfer them to the desktop.
> Can somebody help?
>
> Thanks.

DOn't take this the wrong way, but isn't a VACATION meant to allow
the family to get away from the daily grind, have a good time, and
not worry about such things as bills, etc?

My wife would have a fit if I took my laptop on vacatioon and did
Quicken updates nightly.

Why don't you look into a smart phone and an app or two if you really
need to follow the bank acount. That way, you can lay around on the
beach and it looks like you are doing something cool....