From: Marty on
I use the standard volume. Thought about the hidden feature
but felt the standard was good enough. I also named the volume
something very innocuous so as not to alert anyone as to it true
use, although it does have the Truecrypt extension.

From: Jeff on
On 4/13/2010 5:31 PM, Marty wrote:
> I use the standard volume. Thought about the hidden feature
> but felt the standard was good enough. I also named the volume
> something very innocuous so as not to alert anyone as to it true
> use, although it does have the Truecrypt extension.
>

> On 4/13/2010 2:47 PM, Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
>> On 4/13/2010 10:29 AM, Marty wrote:
>>>
>>> I use truecrypt (truecrypt.org) to create an encrypted volume on
>>> my desktop machine. This volume looks and acts like a hard disc volume.
>>> It uses advanced encryption to protect data. I have used this
>>> successfully for a few years with no problems and feel comfortable with
>>> it use and protection of my data. The only caveat is do not forget the
>>> password (or phrase) you use to access the file, as there is no way to
>>> recover the data in an encrypted volume without it. There is not back
>>> door access to the volume. Many attempts have been made to access the
>>> data using Truecrypt with out success.
>>>
>>> I put all of my critical files, including Quicken data files, into this
>>> volume and routinely transfer the file between machines whenever I
>>> travel.
>>>
>>> Some will say that any encrypted volume can be broken into, given enough
>>> time, but I have not seen any descriptions of this being done
>>> on a Truecrypt volume with out some very sophisticated hardware and
>>> software which is not what a casual thief would have on hand.

>> Do you use a hidden or a standard volume in True Crypt?
That is what I do too. "One day" I will look at using the hidden volume
instead.