From: XS11E on
XS11E <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> At the beginning of May I received my April statement and
> reconciled w/o any problem. When I received my May statement
> (early June) I attempted to reconcile the account but the
> beginning balance was about $4,000 too high!

EDIT: error, the beginning balance was $17,414.86 too high!

> What could possibly cause this?

Found it!

Somehow, during May, Quicken downloaded hundreds of duplicate
transactions. I had earlier started a thread that I was unable to
match transactions and never received a usable answer but the problem
seems to date from my change from UBS to RBC for my checking/credit
card accounts?

This time I wasn't even given the chance to match, they were just
entered into the register somehow???????

I have duplicates of many deposits, checks and credit card transactions
going back many months into last year, the number is into the hundreds.

I see no fix other than to load a backup from April and start again???

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: XS11E on
XS11E <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> Found it!
>
> Somehow, during May, Quicken downloaded hundreds of duplicate
> transactions. I had earlier started a thread that I was unable to
> match transactions and never received a usable answer but the
> problem seems to date from my change from UBS to RBC for my
> checking/credit card accounts?
>
> This time I wasn't even given the chance to match, they were just
> entered into the register somehow???????
>
> I have duplicates of many deposits, checks and credit card
> transactions going back many months into last year, the number is
> into the hundreds.
>
> I see no fix other than to load a backup from April and start
> again???

And that didn't work. I reloaded the current and manually deleted
several hundred duplicated items, still need to check to be sure there
are no more.....

How can I change the start date on the reconcile screen to go back to a
previous month?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: XS11E on
XS11E <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> How can I change the start date on the reconcile screen to go back
> to a previous month?

Can anyone answer this? I recall doing it once but I can't remember
how...

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: John Pollard on
XS11E wrote:
> XS11E <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> How can I change the start date on the reconcile screen to go back
>> to a previous month?

> Can anyone answer this?
>I recall doing it once but I can't remember how...

You already got the answer you need (presuming you're using a version of
Quicken later than *about* Q2002.

And following the answer you got, will allow you to re-reconcile to your
heart's content (the "start date" doesn't matter - though the "ending
date" does).

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: XS11E on
"John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> XS11E <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How can I change the start date on the reconcile screen to go
>>> back to a previous month?
>
>> Can anyone answer this?
>>I recall doing it once but I can't remember how...
>
> You already got the answer you need (presuming you're using a
> version of Quicken later than *about* Q2002.

I give up, where? And it's Quicken 2010.

The Usenet Improvement Project: