From: ichase on
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:09:35 -0700, just as I was about to take a herb,
Barbara <Barbara(a)discussions.microsoft.com> disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

> The registry on the computer needs to be cleaned. Most
>of the errors I am getting are related to registry problems. I am not
>computer knowledgeable to clean the registry manually.

If you can make that diagnosis, you CAN clean the registry manually.
If you are as noobie as you say, you could not tell what it wrong.
From: Twayne on
In news:sf4346pepffnhhlafekeq2b2ovictqo0mk(a)4ax.com,
ichase(a)thepostoffice.co.uk <ichase(a)thepostoffice.co.uk> typed:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:09:35 -0700, just as I was about to
> take a herb, Barbara <Barbara(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>
>> The registry on the computer needs to be cleaned. Most
>> of the errors I am getting are related to registry
>> problems. I am not computer knowledgeable to clean the
>> registry manually.

Exactly what is the wording of the errors you are getting? It may not have
anything to do with the registry at all and in most cases doesn't. Error
messages are often completely misleading to the uninitiated.
If you really want to clean out the registry, find and
download/update/run ccleaner.exe. It's available from many places on the
'net.

HTH,

Twayne`