From: Unknown on
Good grief! Do you know what the correct time of day is? I ran one (about
five years ago) at about 2:00 PM.
Thank goodness for system restore.

From: Nil on
On 11 Jul 2010, "Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Absolute hogwash. There have been hundreds of posts on this
> newsgroup of computers being rendered inoperative
> by the user running a registry cleaner.

Fact or opinion? I'd like to see you to find "hundreds" of such posts.
From: Unknown on
Absolute fact. If you have been monitoring this news group for the last six
years you would
know that. Registry cleaners have been labeled 'snake oil'.
I personally had a problem with a registry cleaner and will not use one ever
again.

From: Bill in Co on
Nil wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2010, "Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> Absolute hogwash. There have been hundreds of posts on this
>> newsgroup of computers being rendered inoperative
>> by the user running a registry cleaner.
>
> Fact or opinion? I'd like to see you to find "hundreds" of such posts.

If you have been monitoring these newsgroups (including Win98) over several
years, you will recall that there indeed have been MANY such posts (although
not all "rendered inoperative", but indeed having resulting isssue and
problems as a consquence of running them, with some being quite serious).

From: Nil on
On 11 Jul 2010, "Bill in Co" <surly_curmudgeon(a)earthlink.net> wrote
in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> If you have been monitoring these newsgroups (including Win98)
> over several years, you will recall that there indeed have been
> MANY such posts (although not all "rendered inoperative", but
> indeed having resulting isssue and problems as a consquence of
> running them, with some being quite serious).

I have, and there are some such posts. But not even close to
"hundreds".