From: Bernhard Schornak on
John Stafford wrote:

> Bernhard Schornak wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> What I see is a paper published in a journal with
>> (internal) discussions about psychology and a few
>> speculative papers. Regardless of the content, no
>> journal ever peer-reviews any papers. This is not
>> only a matter of costs, it depends on the limited
>> amount of qualified peer-reviewers, as well. It's
>> the job of the editor - most times delegated - to
>> decide which papers will be published. Sometimes,
>> some cosmetic work is required to fulfill the one
>> or other standard (vocabulary and style). Besides
>> that, most books are peer-reviewed by one person,
>> in general - a second or even third peer-reviewer
>> only is consulted if there are doubts. That's the
>> reason why I only searched for books - scientific
>> work published as a book always is peer-reviewed,
>> following international standards (a few flaws in
>> a row can ruin the reputation of a publisher).
>>
>> Putting it all together, there is no evidence for
>> George's claim. If his theory ever had been peer-
>> reviewed by anyone who received a PhD in physics,
>> history or egyptology, it had been rejected.
>
> Apparently true, and that was the affirmation I hoped you would post.
>
> Thank you.

You are welcome!

The mentioned P.F. Merenda citation is worth
further investigation. If someone with a PhD
in psychology cites George in a field study,
I am curious which parts were cited in which
context. I dig a little bit deeper into this
topic, for sure.

Greetings from Augsburg

Bernhard Schornak
From: Bernhard Schornak on
George Hammond wrote:

<vulgar nagging ignored...>

> Massachusetts Department of Mental Health, 78 Pleasant
> Street, Hyannis, MA 02601, U.S.A.

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Government&L2=Departments+and+Divisions&L3=Department+of+Mental+Health&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=dmh_g_mission_goals&csid=Eeohhs2

Mission Statement:

The Department of Mental Health, as the State
Mental Health Authority, assures and provides
access to services and supports to meet the mental
health needs of individuals of all ages, enabling
them to live, work and participate in their
communities. The Department establishes standards
to ensure effective and culturally competent care
to promote recovery. The Department sets policy,
promotes self-determination, protects human rights
and supports mental health training and research.
This critical mission is accomplished by working
in partnership with other state agencies,
individuals, families, providers and communities.

-> Were you on their payroll in 1994?

-> As PhD in psychology + physics + theology +
science of history + egyptology?

Greetings from Augsburg

Bernhard Schornak
From: Bernhard Schornak on
George Hammond wrote:

> http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/678/authorinstructions#16000

Quote:

Referees

Please submit, with the manuscript, the names,
addresses and e-mail addresses of at least 2
potential referees. Note that the editor
retains the sole right to decide whether or
not the suggested reviewers are used.

Greetings from Augsburg

Bernhard Schornak
From: Darwin123 on
On Aug 3, 12:48 am, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:49:17 +0200, Bernhard Schornak
>

> <schor...(a)web.de> wrote:
> >George Hammond wrote:

> >> [Hammond]
> >> PPS:
>

>    Who do you think you're kidding?  I've been studying the
> Egyptian Book of the Dead for 30 years.
>    I hope you answer my post containing a "proof" that YOU
> ARE WRONG and that the Egyptians clearly discovered the
> Trinity and formulated it in the BA-KA-AKH.  So you're
> statement that the Egyptians didn't have a Trinity is proven
> false.
I think there is a well known "Trinity" in Egyptian mythology, at
least in the Late Kingdom. Osirus, Isis and Horus are the Trinity of
the Egyptians. Whether they actually corresponded to the Christian
Trinity is a matter of conjecture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_Osiris_and_Isis
Myth of Osiris and Isis

From: Androcles on

"Darwin123" <drosen0000(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

I think
Do you have any empirical evidence to support such a ludicrous assertion?