From: Kevin Provance on

"Viken Cerpovna" <viken(a)spam.com> wrote in message
:

: I realize it's not a common name, I'm part Russian and part Lebanese, but
do
: you have to make fun of it? What is a Mayayannayanna? Are you one of those
: cowards who can't use his real name?

Blah, blah, blah...total bullshit. *You're* the coward who won't use his
real name, coming up with this weak story about being part Russkie and part
Lebbo. Maya may not be using his real name (Joe), but he's been around for
years. You on the other hand appeared in early June of this year, trolling
under an anagram of my name, using eternal september (and oh how it applies
in your case) in a pathetic attempt to hide your identity.

You're busted, coward. Everything and anything you post from here on it
will be written off as troll bait. IOW, you've lost complete credibility.

From: GS on
It happens that Viken Cerpovna formulated :
>> | Seems to me that any "Visual Basic" would be fair game to discuss here
>> | though.
>> |

>> This has always been a VB group. VB is not the same
>> as MS Office automation using VBA. There are newsgroups
>> for those programs. So why argue about whether someone
>> has a "right" to post here? Why would someone *want*
>> to post here if most of the people here can't help them?!
>> (To say nothing of being considerate and not wasting other
>> peoples' time.)
>
> Sorry, the languages are the same. I've used both long enough to know. VB is
> Visual Basic. It does not refer to any particular incarnation or version.

Not trying to be confrontational here but I, for one, agree 100% with
Mayayana's comments regarding the various 'VB' languages. If, as you
say, you've been using 'both (VB/VBA) long enough to know' then you of
all people should very well know that they are NOT THE SAME language
despite whatever similarities they share. I agree that one is a
derivitive of the other, but therein ends the similarities. The fact
that M$ makes a deliberate distinction between VB, VBScript, VBA, and
VB.Net clearly provides a clue that these languages are NOT THE SAME
languages (again, despite any similarities thay may share).

<FYI>
I've used VB, VBScript, and VB6 long enough to recognize they are not
the same languages, even though they 'seem' to be similar in many ways.
While I use VBA and VB extensively, the only similarity I find is in
code syntax and SOME similar built-in functions. M$O VBA was not
developed for the same purpose as was VB, and so many distinct
differences exist between the two as a result. The same goes for
VBScript<IMO>. By all appearances, VB.Net is just an attempt on M$'s
part to wrap all three existing VB languages into one new
language<IMHO>!

--
Garry

From: Henning on

"Viken Cerpovna" <viken(a)spam.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> | Seems to me that any "Visual Basic" would be fair game to discuss here
>> | though.
>> |

>> This has always been a VB group. VB is not the same
>> as MS Office automation using VBA. There are newsgroups
>> for those programs. So why argue about whether someone
>> has a "right" to post here? Why would someone *want*
>> to post here if most of the people here can't help them?!
>> (To say nothing of being considerate and not wasting other
>> peoples' time.)
>
> Sorry, the languages are the same. I've used both long enough to know. VB
> is Visual Basic. It does not refer to any particular incarnation or
> version.
>
> Really, I have not been here long enough to know who knows what here. Do
> you?
>
> You seem to think that if you do not know the answer then other people
> here do not know either.
>

>> With VB, VBScript, MS Office VBA (and to some extent
>> VB.Net) there are a lot of similarities. But there are also
>> lots of differences. (I've used VB for over a decade, but
>> I'm not familiar with ":=".) And to say it's mostly a
>> difference of COM objects misses the point. Office automation
>> is mostly dealing with those COM objects! For people
>> who don't use MS Office it's all gobbledygook. What you're
>> saying is like assuming that questions about the IE DOM
>> or the Windows Installer object model belong in a VB
>> group, simply because VB can use those objects. Or VB.Net
>> for that matter. VB.Net code looks a lot like VB, but most
>> of it is using objects in the .Net framework, so it's
>> unreadable from a VB point of view.
>
> So if someone asks a question about VB and ADO we tell them to go
> somewhere else?
>
> Still have not answered the question. The group says
> comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, not comp.lang.basic.visual.vb6.misc.
>
>> So it's not a matter of who has a "right" to post. It's
>> just common sense to keep questions in the most
>> relevant group. The location of the relevant group was
>> posted by "Nobody" before you posted:
>
> Yes, but who decides what is relevant? You?
>
>> microsoft.public.excel.programming
>>
>> Also:
>>
>> microsoft.public.word.vba.general
>> microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
>> microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
>> microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.vba
>> microsoft.public.access.modulescoding
>> microsoft.public.powerpoint
>> alt.comp.microsoft.office
>
> Yes, could be useful but their existence has nothing to do with what this
> group is for.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Viken

It sure isn't for any of those listed.

From your first post and on in this topic, I guess nothing but stirring-up
is of interest.

/Henning

From: Viken Cerpovna on
> "Viken Cerpovna" <viken(a)spam.com> wrote in message
> :
>
> : I realize it's not a common name, I'm part Russian and part Lebanese,
> but
> do
> : you have to make fun of it? What is a Mayayannayanna? Are you one of
> those
> : cowards who can't use his real name?
>
> Blah, blah, blah...total bullshit. *You're* the coward who won't use his
> real name, coming up with this weak story about being part Russkie and
> part
> Lebbo. Maya may not be using his real name (Joe), but he's been around
> for
> years. You on the other hand appeared in early June of this year,
> trolling
> under an anagram of my name, using eternal september (and oh how it
> applies
> in your case) in a pathetic attempt to hide your identity.
>
> You're busted, coward. Everything and anything you post from here on it
> will be written off as troll bait. IOW, you've lost complete credibility.

So I'm arguing about my name with a malcontent who has no credibility? Your
talents are limited to telling people what they can post and where they post
it and abusing them in the process. Why not try changing your attitude and
helping out for a change.

Give me a break trollbreath.

From: Thorsten Albers on
Viken Cerpovna <viken(a)spam.com> schrieb im Beitrag
<i1u1go$kuo$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>...
> Excuse me? Anagram for what?
>
> I realize it's not a common name, I'm part Russian and part Lebanese, but
do
> you have to make fun of it? What is a Mayayannayanna? Are you one of
those
> cowards who can't use his real name?

"Viken" is neither a Russian nor a Lebanese name. "Cerpovna" for sure isn't
a Lebanese name. It could be a russian name if it were misspelled for
"Karpovna" - but one has to assume that you should be able to write your
name correctly.

Unless it is prooved to be not I am taking "Viken Cerpovna" as an anagram
for Kevin Provance. And therefore to me it is very likely that you want to
fool around here - and out of a reason not known to me want to get on the
nerves especially of Kevin. You should change this behaviour immediately!
Otherwise you will be redirected at least to the my killfile.

--
Thorsten Albers

albers (a) uni-freiburg.de