First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
550 invalid address (in reply to RCPT TO command)
Hi Sorry if this question comes up time and time again, I have tried to google etc but just get myself more and more confused. I have a Linux server on which I host half a dozen domains that I own, to date they are only really used as mail servers. They all work perfectly except for the last one which I set... 25 Feb 2007 06:41
Troubling sending mail to some smtp server
I have a problem sending msg to account of fastwebnet.it. I always recive a message refused. Making test via a telnet connection I made this discover. If I close the message WITHOUT put the command Subject at the end of the msg, it's refused ============================================================== 220... 28 Feb 2007 00:54
Synonym Configuration Problem
Due to Certain Company Policies I maintain a copy of all the incoming and outgoing mail. I do this using synonym. The problem I am facing is that a copy of the mails which satisfy rule no. 1 is not made whereas a copy of mails which satisfy rule 2 are made. The following is the Rules which I have created in Synonym... 14 Feb 2007 00:36
verify from address milter
A milter to verify valid from addresses /* Ugly hack to verify from addresses , code grabbed from sample-milter.c and sun docs can be further enhanced by verifying if the IPs from the from addresses's belong to a particular ISP any takers ? Makefile LdapVfrom-milter: LdapVfrom-milter.o g... 24 Feb 2007 18:54
host name lookup failure
Hi, I try to use sendmail on a new fedora core 6 installation and I got a "host name lookup failure". It is impossible to have the smtp server down so I don't understand the message and what happends. Any Idea ? Thanks for any help, Pierre ... loosing its hairs searching since yesterday Note: I p... 8 Feb 2007 10:07
Mail Delivery Subsystem messages --> /dev/null
Is there a quick easy way to send all email from the local "Mail Delivery Subsystem" to /dev/null? In effect, I want to disable error messages from being sent. Our queue seems to be filling up with these, and for some reason they are not being deleted or dealt with in a timely manner. I would much rather jus... 5 Feb 2007 17:47
SYSERR(root): buildaddr: unknown mailer procmail
I am running Sendmail 8.13.8-2 on Ubuntu Linux 6.10 and I keep getting the message "SYSERR(root): buildaddr: unknown mailer procmail" whenever I put entries like newsletter.smallcap.ca procmail:/home/openemm/conf/bav/bav.rc in my /etc/mail/mailertable The problem doesn't appear to be directly relat... 2 Feb 2007 19:53
delay acceptance until downstream smtp server checks
Scenario: an smtp server running sendmail that forwards mail for certain users in its domain to an email account in another domain. How do I tell the local sendmail to wait to accept an email until the downstream MTA has done its envelope checks? This would avoid bounce messages when the downstream MTA refuses ... 1 Feb 2007 20:10
Could not complete sender verify callout - to exim
Hello I use sendmail 8.13-7. I've got a problem to send emails from my server to some smtp servers based on Exim From time to time I can see: "Deferred: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout" in maillog during connection to some servers. I can't find out if it's my sendmail misconfigurtion problem or p... 14 Jan 2007 20:57
WARNING: local host name (;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I?
I am using Sendmail 8.13.5 on Ubuntu 6.10. I keep getting the following error, and nothing I do seems to be able to fix it. Google has been less than helpful, as has ubuntu's official and non-official support forums, and sendmail.org's documentation has been sadly unhelpful. Sendmail, it seems, cannot find the l... 11 Jan 2007 13:33