From: The Natural Philosopher on
RayLopez99 wrote:
> On May 31, 7:02 pm, James Westwood
> <westwood.spamoja...(a)rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with Linpus
>> other than reading about it. It's a ridiculous name but
>> Vista is no winner either. Vista reminds me of some kind
>> of bicycle I think I might have rode as a kid.
>>

> DO you realize what you are saying? Do you?
>
> You are saying that each and every LInux distro is unique. So there's
> a chance that out of the box Linpus will not have KDE or some other
> GUI to allow me to click and set up internet access? Since the
> hardware does not have a CD/DVD (to keep the price down), I'm left
> with a $300 paperweight.
>
> That's what you're saying.
>
> Oh, I code and am a power user in Windows and have built dozens of
> systems from scratch.

No, you are just a rather sick liar.

From: Jean-David Beyer on
James Westwood wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 01:15:31 -0500, felmon wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 31 May 2010 01:02:14 -0400, James Westwood wrote:
>>
>>> Openoffice makes claims of x number of downloads yet how many people
>>> have actually seen Openoffice in the wild? I have not.
>> I agree with your other points. Linux is not catching on in the US. (I am
>> not so sure about other places in the world though.)
>>
>> anyway, I do see sightings of OO. I now see some (handful) students using
>> OpenOffice. I assume they are using it via Windows but I haven't asked.

I have a friend that uses OpenOffice, I believe on a MAC.

I have been running it ever since Applixware disappeared, at least 6
years ago. I run it on Linux.

>> Felmon
>
> That's good news then because it's a very good program
> and certainly good enough for most users needs.

^^-^^ 20:25:01 up 25 days, 4:20, 4 users, load average: 4.46, 4.58, 4.66
From: Aragorn on
On Monday 31 May 2010 23:17 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody identifying
as RayLopez99 wrote...

> Oh, I code and am a power user in Windows and have built dozens of
> systems from scratch.

Your conspicuous lack of understanding of the basics of an operating
system and of basic 21st century network technology contradicts that
statement.

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: Bob Martin on
in 48070 20100531 151554 RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On May 31, 3:46=A0pm, Norman Peelman <npeel...(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>> =A0 =A0If you had installed VirtualBox or VMWare as per a previous thread=
>,
>> you'd have these answers already. So far, you are the only person I know
>> of that distro-hops without ever installing anything.
>
>I'm posting from another machine now, one that does not support
>Virtualization (it's only got a Pentium IV).
>
>Ray

Nobody who matters uses Linux:
From: chrisv on
Matt Giwer wrote:

>On 05/30/2010 06:25 PM, RayLopez99 wrote:
>>> More fool you, unless this is a deliberate troll.
>
>> Unless. Why don't you give an opinion on the Linpus, pus?
>> This is the fabled "Linux community"?
>
> Legendary perhaps but not fabled.

Why are you people feeding the RayDopez troll?