From: James Westwood on
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:06:26 +0200, Aragorn wrote:

> On Monday 31 May 2010 23:17 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody identifying
> as RayLopez99 wrote...
>
>> Oh, I code and am a power user in Windows and have built dozens of
>> systems from scratch.
>
> Your conspicuous lack of understanding of the basics of an operating
> system and of basic 21st century network technology contradicts that
> statement.

Seriously!

--
James Westwood
Remove'spamo' to reply.
From: William Poaster on
Aragorn wrote:

> On Monday 31 May 2010 23:17 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody identifying
> as RayLopez99 wrote...
>
>> Oh, I code and am a power user in Windows and have built dozens of
>> systems from scratch.
>
> Your conspicuous lack of understanding of the basics of an operating
> system and of basic 21st century network technology contradicts that
> statement.

He's just trolling. The troll has asked similar questions before, over &
over & over...
For one example google: "Seriously, does anyone seriously use linx" or
similar, which the troll posted about a dozen times.

--
FreeBSD 8.0 64-bit
Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit
From: James Westwood on
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:19:46 +0100, William Poaster
wrote:

> Aragorn wrote:
>
>> On Monday 31 May 2010 23:17 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody identifying
>> as RayLopez99 wrote...
>>
>>> Oh, I code and am a power user in Windows and have built dozens of
>>> systems from scratch.
>>
>> Your conspicuous lack of understanding of the basics of an operating
>> system and of basic 21st century network technology contradicts that
>> statement.
>
> He's just trolling. The troll has asked similar questions before, over &
> over & over...
> For one example google: "Seriously, does anyone seriously use linx" or
> similar, which the troll posted about a dozen times.

A quick Google and he would have had his answer 3 days
ago.
It seems that no matter what advice people offer he
finds something wrong with the suggestion.
It's a never ending meta thread along the lines of
what's the meaning of life.

--
James Westwood
Remove'spamo' to reply.
From: Matt Giwer on
On 05/30/2010 08:05 PM, RayLopez99 wrote:
> On May 31, 2:33 am, Matt Giwer<jul...(a)tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>> On 05/30/2010 06:25 PM, RayLopez99 wrote:
>>> This is the fabled "Linux community"?
>> Legendary perhaps but not fabled.

> Yes, these people are legends in their own mind. With their 1% market
> share. The one time in a decade I'm maybe interested in Linux I can't
> get a straight answer (it's happened before).

> You freetards are your own worst enemy.

As you are ignorant of computers in general and OSs in particular, although
you may have gotten an attaboy in high school for it, I do not see why you
continue to post in the high school mode.

--
"The werewolf ate my homework," declared the young Dr. Frankenstein.
-- The Iron Webmaster, 4263
From: Aragorn on
On Wednesday 02 June 2010 00:25 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody
identifying as James Westwood wrote...

> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:19:46 +0100, William Poaster
> wrote:
>
>> Aragorn wrote:
>>
>>> On Monday 31 May 2010 23:17 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody
>>> identifying as RayLopez99 wrote...

>>> Your conspicuous lack of understanding of the basics of an operating
>>> system and of basic 21st century network technology contradicts that
>>> statement.
>>
>> He's just trolling. The troll has asked similar questions before,
>> over & over & over...
>> For one example google: "Seriously, does anyone seriously use linx"
>> or similar, which the troll posted about a dozen times.
>
> A quick Google and he would have had his answer 3 days
> ago.
> It seems that no matter what advice people offer he
> finds something wrong with the suggestion.
> It's a never ending meta thread along the lines of
> what's the meaning of life.

But less intelligent than that. <grin>

--
*Aragorn*