First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
701 errors (Insufficient system memory to run this query)
I just received a 701 error on one of our production servers and i'm trying to troubleshoot it. It wrote a bunch of info to the sql server error log and I'm trying to parse through it to see where the problem lies. Does anyone know of a good resource that helps you through troubleshooting 701 errors? Date,... 9 Dec 2007 22:37
Rebuilding the master database on a 2005 Cluster
I am trying to rebuild the master database of a SQL Server 2005 bit clustered install. This is primarily to change the collation settings. I have been running the command: start /wait <CD or DVD Drive>\setup.exe /qb VS=<VSName> INSTANCENAME=<InstanceName> REINSTALL=SQL_Engine REBUILDDATABASE=1 ADMINPASSWORD=... 12 Dec 2007 13:16
SQL Server Agent WMI Event alert
Did somebody ever manage to setup a WMI event alert through SQL Server Agent? I could not find any example that works. Can you please, try this and see if it works for you USE [msdb] GO EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_add_alert @name =N'Test', @enabled =... 9 Dec 2007 22:36
How to move all tables to a new filegroup in sql 2005
Hi, I need to move all the tables from the PRIMARY filegroup to a new one. I did script out all the non-clustered indexes, then I did drop them so new I do have all the tables wo non-clustered indexes (most of them still have pk,fk, constrains and clustered indexes) How can I move ALL of them to a new filegr... 9 Dec 2007 22:36
The affinity mask specified does not match the CPU mask on this system
We are having a problem with one of our SQL servers, and in comparing it to the backup server which is working fine, I noticed some differences. I attempted to correct the differences, but no luck. The dell server has 4 dual-core processors and at one point hyper- threading was enabled. One of our DBAs recommende... 20 Nov 2007 22:29
COPY_ONLY Restore Problems
I did a COPY_ONLY backup of my production database (SQL Server 2005), moved it to my development machine (only 225mb). I then tried to restore the database (to a newly named database) from a device (disk), located the backup file, checked contents in the Specify Backup window (it all seemed to be there), and th... 15 Sep 2007 03:40
Move SQL Database
i am not a sql programmer, but I need to move two "user databases" in a sql 2005 express installation from one drive to another. This article explains what I need but it says I need to run some commands, but not where to type the command or run them. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071 Anyway ca... 7 Sep 2007 10:49
Error 22042: xp_SetSQLSecurity() returned error - 2147024690, 'The handle is invalid.'
When trying to change the SqlAgent service account using Enterprise Manager (SQL server Win2K SP4), get the error: Error 22042: xp_SetSQLSecurity() returned error - 2147024690, 'The handle is invalid.' I've seen various people report this problem on newsgroups over the years, but no one ever came up with a soluti... 6 Sep 2007 16:22
cannot change is_not_trusted = 1
We confirmed that when the constraint is created with NOT FOR REPLICATION and the is_not_for_replication flag is 1 in sys.check_constraints that the constraint will not be trusted. In our case this should not have been set this way. It was a naive DBA that created all of the check constraints with NOT FOR RE... 5 Sep 2007 14:47
sql 2000 log
I received this error and don't know how to do troubleshooting. 2007-07-29 09:40:18.45 spid2 SQL Server has encountered 1 occurrence(s) of IO requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file [E:\MSSQL\data\unity.MDF] in database [tempdb] (2). The OS file handle is 0x00000484. The offset of the l... 19 Aug 2007 17:10
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last