First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Urgent linked server error 18456 issue
Please help, my head hurts now! I have 2 SQL Server 2005 instances on separate physical servers. Instance A and instance B I am trying to create a linked server on A to point at B. I get Error 18456 - login failed for user 'Domain\Login'. there is no double-hop issue because I am creating the linked serv... 2 Dec 2009 14:25
VDI backup slows down
We are using a commercial product that use VDI for backing up our databases across a network to another server. We have one relatively large data base (3.7 TB) that, when we back it, ends up taking about 16 hours. We have other databases, not quite that big, that don't take anywhere near that long. (3.5 hours to ... 1 Dec 2009 13:55
Memory DMV's
Hi, I'm trying to use DMV's in order to get the actual memory consumption SQL Service is taking. I'd like to have the following values: - How much memory is currently allocated - What's the maximum size SQL Server is allowed to allocate. When looking at sys.dm_os_memory_clerks - [virtual_memory_reserved_kb] va... 1 Dec 2009 13:55
Waitstats Performance on sql 2005
If one was to track wait times for span of an hour, what should be an acceptable wait percentage based on total waits for the following resources: ASYNC_NETWORK_IO CXPACKET SLEEP_BPOOL_FLUSH WRITELOG PAGEIOLATCH_EX PAGEIOLATCH_SH Thanks in advance ... 3 Dec 2009 19:24
Mirroring issue, error 1418
Hi, That is fantastic artical. I did it all step by step and still get the error message 1418, The server network address "TCP://MLCMirror.csgroup.local:1051" can not be reached or does not exist. I cannot solve this problem for a good few weeks now. Tried a quet few combinations, but still getting the same error. I... 30 Nov 2009 08:04
trigger on select
Hi all, I know that "trigger on select" does not exists, I'm searching something to accomplish this need: I have a table, let's say: [Some_table] [ID] int primary key [Flag] bit [Some_Field] nvarchar(40) when a user (all user) does a select on a row of that table that has [Flag]=1 the select sta... 27 Nov 2009 07:45
Fresh SQL Server 2008 install
I've installed SQL Server 2008 SP1 (developer) on my machine (Windows XP) and am having some issues with SSIS and SSRS - which is a pisser, cause that's why I bought it. MS will connect to databases and Analysis Services (whatever that is) just fine, however, I get the following errors in SSIS & SSRS: Repor... 24 Nov 2009 21:15
Sql Server 2005: Query Completed with Errors (nothing in Results tab)
I am running a batch INSERT statements off a file on Sql Server 2005 and the queries ran for a while then stopped with Query completed with errors next to an exclamation mark in the Results tab. The Results tab had nothing in it so at this point, I am clueless as to how to even begin to figure out which statement c... 2 Dec 2009 18:59
Enable Full Text Search
I'm trying to install the 2008 Adventure works databases (from : http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=34032) and I get the message: AdventureWorks2008 OLTP requires Full-Text Search which is not available for the instance you selected. The "SQL Full-text Daemon Launcher... 28 Nov 2009 22:18
Failing Log Backups
I have a rather concerning issue on our OLTP system for our largest database (1.7 TB's). On Friday (when I was on vacation of course), we had a power outage and the cluster failed. Everything was brought back online from the Network guys, and then our team of DBA's took over with making sure SQL was ok using ... 10 Dec 2009 09:00