First  |  Prev |
Pages: 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Error 2571 - not permission to run DBCC TRACEON
Hi, I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2005 via Excel/ODBC. (ODBC Test IS successfull) and get the following error after entering Login ID and Password: Connection failed: SQLState: '37000' SQL Server Error: 2571 ......does not have permission to run DBCC TRACEON Security setup on SQL Server seems to b... 2 Feb 2006 10:53
The file on device 'tape' is not a valid Microsoft Tape Format backup set.
When I try to restore a database from a tape backup I receive "The file on device '%ls' is not a valid Microsoft Tape Format backup set." I found this article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905616 but I have SQL Server 2005 not 2000. Indeed I've made a backup with ntbackup but with ..... 13 Jan 2006 01:27
Failed Assertion
We're getting the following on a Windows 2003 Server, running SQL 2000 SP3a. 17066: SQL Server Assertion: File: <diskio.c>, line=670 Failed Assertion = 'filepos + CBytes <= (DWORDLONG) m_size << PAGESIZEBITS'. Any ideas? Jeremy ... 9 Jan 2006 02:42
[241] Startup error: Unable to initialize error reporting system
When I try to start the SQL Server Agent I am getting this error. [241] Startup error: Unable to initialize error reporting system (reason: The EventLog service has not been started) Thsi is very frustrating and i cant put up the DB until im sure that I can have my backups working. Anyone know the solution to t... 30 Nov 2005 14:43
recover crashed database
our sqlserver has crashed and try to attach mdf file to server but sql server open this database in read only\suspect\offline\emergency mode.when we execute "select" query we take "torn page error". and i also execute "DBCC CheckDB ( 'dbname' ,REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS )" and i take "Could not run BEGIN TRA... 26 Sep 2005 12:31
Query Analyzer - 'Failed to create DMO object'
Following the installation of the MS Enterprise Library 1.1, and running DataAccessQuickStarts.sql to install the EntLibQuickStarts database, I have encountered the above error message when attempting to edit any Stored Procedures (any database) in Query Analyzer. I am running SQL Server 2000 Personal edition, an... 21 Sep 2005 13:36
VSS with SQL server
Has anybody used VSS with sql server to control the code changes of sql server objects? what is the best way to setup and use it? please advice . thank you sam ... 22 Feb 2005 09:34
ldf file missing...
If its not important to get the log file back then I sugest you use the Enterprise Manager tools. Firstly if you haven't already done it detatch the database If your log file still resides on the machine then either rename it or delete it (renaming is better to begin with). Then still using the enterprise ... 16 Feb 2005 13:55
Suspect Database - Please Help
Dear All, Our database was maked as suspect today, I ran the store procedure exec sp_resetstatus 'DBNAME' but got the message 'Prior to updating sysdatabases entry for database 'ParisProduction', mode = 0 and status = 16 (status suspect_bit = 0). No row in sysdatabases was updated because mode and status ar... 12 Feb 2005 17:12
Windows Delayed write error when backing up to network share
I'm running SQLServer2000 SP4 on two separate servers. The problem I'm running into is that when I schedule a database backup either through Maintenance Plans or manually through Enterprise Manager the backup fails with the error: "Windows-Delayed Write Error. Windows was unable to save all the data for the f... 12 Feb 2005 17:12