From: highdoe on

> > It's a lost cause.
>
> That is for him to decide.

"It's never too late" they say, but I'm not sure to see the day René
will have good words for MASM. Kane's last word was "rosebud", will
the last word of René be "masm" ? Who knows.

; o )

> > What really is a pity is that beginners could be influenced by him and
> > be off-track for a while or always like Wannabe. Too bad for them.
>
> Folks with open minds and discernment will
> chose the right thing, and ignore those who howl at the moon on certain
> nights.

LOL

From: highdoe on

> Understanding his methods cripples him. Don't let him get you on the
> defense, and he is powerless.
>
> --Joel Davison

Impossible or you'll have to tell me how. Its twisted mind is able of
doing things that are way beyond the logic. At the end, when he cannot
add something for its defense, he can claim victory and thats all.
That's what he did on the topic "Apologies seem to hurt". Hutch often
talk to him at the third person and I understand why.

From: Ratch on

<highdoe(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > It's a lost cause.
>
> That is for him to decide.

"It's never too late" they say, but I'm not sure to see the day Ren�
will have good words for MASM. Kane's last word was "rosebud", will
the last word of Ren� be "masm" ? Who knows.

No, "Rosmasm".

Ratch

; o )

> > What really is a pity is that beginners could be influenced by him and
> > be off-track for a while or always like Wannabe. Too bad for them.
>
> Folks with open minds and discernment will
> chose the right thing, and ignore those who howl at the moon on certain
> nights.

LOL

From: japheth on
> Poor old Betov has been try out another one of his geriatric fantasies
> recently, that there has never been a significant application written
> in MASM.

I have at least 2 pure MASM "applications" to offer:

1. HX DOS extender. Project size is about 110.000 lines, it was
started in 1992.
2. COMView, about 50.000 lines of code, written in 2001/2002.

Both were downloaded many times, but of course it depends what one
regards as "significant".

None of those 2 apps was written with MASM32.

From: hutch-- on
japheth,

> I have at least 2 pure MASM "applications" to offer:
>
> 1. HX DOS extender. Project size is about 110.000 lines, it was
> started in 1992.
> 2. COMView, about 50.000 lines of code, written in 2001/2002.
>
> Both were downloaded many times, but of course it depends what one
> regards as "significant".

You will probably find that downloaded many times and useful to people
who have downloaded it is far more significant than what Betov had in
mind with the term.

> None of those 2 apps was written with MASM32.

Not surprising as it was not around in 1992. Many different people
have used MASM in many different ways, thanks for sharing yours with
us.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last