From: Betov on
japheth <mail(a)japheth.de> �crivait news:1191497512.841960.127630
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> Sorry, this restriction wasn't mentioned in the OP's request for
> showing "significant" MASM applications. It also sounds a bit
> artificial IMO.

You like it or not, "significant" means something having
a source size around 300, 500, 1000 Kb. That is, a real
*Application*, and evidently not a small Demo. One of
the multiple problems coming with MASM is that is becomes
more and more difficult to write and to maintain anything,
above some significant size. The reason why none of you
has anything to show. Facts.

The biggest win32 app ever written with MASM was created
with TASM by Bodgan (H. E.), and he achieved its size
(quite "significative"), by implementing its Sprites in
a special code driven manner, which is rather comparable
to consider Bitmaps as *code*.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: japheth on
> What's new? Does anybody have any doubt that it is possible to
> write small demos with MASM32 ? Your demo is, at best, what we
> call a "side-toy" in RosAsm.
>
> Betov.

Ok, so you've needed 26 minutes to download the "side-toy", start it
and finally realize that it is a demo. I won't claim that this is
absolutely impossible, but at least it is very unlikely, unless you
are a true COM wizard. But I see your intentions now.

From: Rod Pemberton on

"Herbert Kleebauer" <klee(a)unibwm.de> wrote in message

> > > Ok, it IS not, but what's your reason to no MAKE it open source?
> >
> > None of your business. refer to above.
>
> Sure, but I'm always willing to learn. Maybe there is a good reason
> to make code distributed for free closed source. And if you tell
> me this reason, I maybe will do it also. So, please give me some
> help and tell me your reason.

All he has to do "weasel" out of a legitimate answer is say "money." It
could be almost anything. Secrecy seems to be a favorite game for him.
Anytime he can't rip American politics or society because AU or UK politics
and society are worse, he starts up a "it's my MASM32 secret agreements that
you don't, can't, won't know about which I'll never prove to you they exist
that allow me the lawful privilege of doing what you perceive as illegal"
threads. He was extremely quiet on the Australian and British financial
problems of Northern Bank and Rams HL. Of course, he'd blaim the US for
that too citing our trivial financial crisis.

His secret reason could be almost anything:

1) almighty AUD...
2) code won't compile with MASM only
3) code requires a commercial software package to compile
4) used some code for which he doesn't have rights
5) used some code which isn't open sourceable
6) wants to keep his own code private or retain rights
7) used patented algorithms
8) used restricted licensed information
9) used "reverse engineered" information
10) hiding work owned by his employer
11) stole code from someone else
12) he enjoys aggravating others on serious issues
13) etc.

There are so many I don't even have to list something embarassing like
coding using Visual Basic Script... ;-)

Rod Pemberton

From: hutch-- on
smile,

> What's new? Does anybody have any doubt that it is possible to
> write small demos with MASM32 ? Your demo is, at best, what we
> call a "side-toy" in RosAsm.

Do you mean like a C compiler is to MASM ? How many right clicks do
you need to make in RotAsm to emulate MASM using VC as a side tool ?

You may have mastered using a "paquet de merde" like RotAsm to write a
bloated "paquet de merde" but MASM is the right tool for writing small
fast professional quality tools and applications so you can have the
trash and the smart stuff will continue to be written in MASM like it
always has.

From: japheth on
> You like it or not, "significant" means something having
> a source size around 300, 500, 1000 Kb. That is, a real
> *Application*, and evidently not a small Demo.

No. The hx source is well over 3 MB and about 90% of it are Win32 PE
dlls. COMView's source code is about 1,1 MB. And this is "real" code,
there are no large tables bloating the source.

> One of
> the multiple problems coming with MASM is that is becomes
> more and more difficult to write and to maintain anything,
> above some significant size.

This is a claim without backup IMO. There is no inherent defect in
MASM which makes writing large applications impossible or especially
difficult.

> The reason why none of you has anything to show. Facts.

I don't understand why you are choosing such aggressive wordings. Is
this your normal style? Sound s a bit unwise to me talking in such a
way to people you don't know.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: aeBIOS Test Request
Next: CMOVcc vs. Jcc