From: Betov on
Herbert Kleebauer <klee(a)unibwm.de> �crivait

> hutch-- wrote:
>
>> > Sure, but I'm always willing to learn.
>>
>> Then be willing to learn that the MASM32 Project is not open sauce.
>
> I already know this. But I would like to know why. Maybe you have a
> real good reason which can convert all the open source people to
> closed source people.

Maybe, he doesn't want to get sued by MicroSoft for having
used an illegal tool.

;)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: japheth on
> HLLs' apps also have disassemblies, that RosAsm may disassemble
> and reassemble, mind you.
>
> The Hutch strategy, i presume...

Would it be possible for you to talk in clear words? I have no idea
what the "Hutch strategy" is. Please be aware that I'm an occasional
reader of this newsgroup only and won't understand "historical"
references.

In case you asked for the comview source, here's one from 2005:

http://www.japheth.de/Download/comviewsrc292.zip

Please excuse me that I supply a link for a slightly outdated version,
but preparing a current version would cost some time, and after the -
IMO - absurd actions you apparently did with the comview binary I
can't help thinking that this would be a waste of time.

From: Betov on
japheth <mail(a)japheth.de> �crivait news:1191515887.771322.226670@
50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

> here's one from 2005:
>
> http://www.japheth.de/Download/comviewsrc292.zip
>
> Please excuse me that I supply a link for a slightly outdated version,
> but preparing a current version

Well, I have several problems with this.

First, no idea which IDE was used. So...

Second, COMView.asm does not seem to me to be the Main File. So,
impossible to know which asm files are inside (only .inc, there)
and how they are organized. So, it is impossible for me to take
a real look, nor to evaluate the real work, in this typical MASM
hell.

That being said, this seems to be a nice job, but if you are happy
with a having spent, at least, two years, for having a list view
showing the available COM objects, with such an horror as MASM...

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: //o//annabee on
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:38:07 +0200, japheth <mail(a)japheth.de> wrote:

>> HLLs' apps also have disassemblies, that RosAsm may disassemble
>> and reassemble, mind you.
>>
>> The Hutch strategy, i presume...
>
> Would it be possible for you to talk in clear words? I have no idea
> what the "Hutch strategy" is. Please be aware that I'm an occasional
> reader of this newsgroup only and won't understand "historical"
> references.
>
> In case you asked for the comview source, here's one from 2005:
>
> http://www.japheth.de/Download/comviewsrc292.zip
>
> Please excuse me that I supply a link for a slightly outdated version,
> but preparing a current version would cost some time, and after the -
> IMO - absurd actions you apparently did with the comview binary I
> can't help thinking that this would be a waste of time.

Thanks! Have you implemented a full drag drop server in there?
I think I am going to like this !

From: hutch-- on
Herbert,

> I already know this. But I would like to know why. Maybe you have a
> real good reason which can convert all the open source people to
> closed source people.

As a matter of fact no I have not as I simply could not care less as I
owe nothing to the open sauce movement.

Betov,

> Maybe, he doesn't want to get sued by MicroSoft for having
> used an illegal tool.

This is a fantasy you share with herbert.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Prev: aeBIOS Test Request
Next: CMOVcc vs. Jcc