From: hutch-- on
smile,

> Can you give me a link to this source code?

If you don't know where to find it by now Herbert, you never will.

From: japheth on
> Again, - even if it may seem like hearing too much notes
> in Mozart music - i fail understanding why recovering
> Registry Infos would take that much work, bytes, and
> time.

Well, yes, I possibly see your problem now: having to reply to all the
threads in this forum is a full-time job, there's no time left to try
a new application or read its help file. Sorry if I refuse to repeat
here what I wrote in the help file supplied with comview.

> They use it *because* it is *MicroSoft*. Nothing else. And when guys
> do such an incredible choice, this is exclusively a political Right-
> Wing decision. Well... let them pay the effective price, but do not

I can't say that I understand this, but I know that most people just
believe what they want to believe, and it's a waste of time to argue
with those.

From: Betov on
//\\\\o//\\\\annabee <w(a)w.w.w> �crivait

> But he seems to me like a coder.

Sure.

> He allready explained he understood
> Rosasm was far more then just an assembler. This mean it has a brain.
> And the code he posted is definitly of some quality. So he / she is a
> coder. And evidently an experience one. All experience coders will
> value a good tool.

Yes. The question is why and what for. Following his recommendation
to read his help file, i just saw that he is at this since 2001. I
also saw that he took the pain of featuring his Dialog with many...
how do they say?... "bells and wistles"? Something like this, which
might explain the reason why a Registry infos collector could become
that big.

The "why" is about why doing such a thing with and for such a ridiculous
toy as MASM? Why not any of the actual Assemblers? At this point of
view, if he "has a brain" (Right-Wing bastards sometimes do), working
6 years for supporting the Crime&Co against Assembly is quite impressive.

The "What for" is about programming. Here, i have no competency for
estimating all of this, at a practical point of view, but it seems
evident to me that it has no much relationship with what R�mi did
for the GUIDs, which is quite effective for the programming, even
if nobody got really interested with this stuff.

Finaly, a difficult question is how long would it have been with an
Assembler? Not really possible to answer to this question, without
knowing what it is about (i was never interested with COM, other than
for the calling implementation...), but for sure it would not have
been 6 years for a COM collector List View, even added with as many
"bells and wistles".

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Rod Pemberton on

"Betov" <betov(a)free.fr> wrote in message
> "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_have(a)nowhere.cmm> �crivait news:fe4tf1$1sq$1
> @aioe.org:
>
> > I don't use your "product," Betov's, or Randall's. I don't even use
> > Herbert's, Wolfgang's, or Japheth's although I have admired some of
their
> > work.
>
> Just curious: What do you use?

Today, C compilers mostly. I use NASM, DJGPP, OpenWatcom (and inline
assembly of the C compilers). Most other utilities are written by me except
for text editors (DOS EDIT and EX/ED which comes with VI, specifically a DOS
VI clone).

RP

From: japheth on
> how do they say?... "bells and wistles"? Something like this, which
> might explain the reason why a Registry infos collector could become
> that big.

[...]

> Finaly, a difficult question is how long would it have been with an
> Assembler? Not really possible to answer to this question, without
> knowing what it is about (i was never interested with COM, other than
> for the calling implementation...), but for sure it would not have
> been 6 years for a COM collector List View, even added with as many
> "bells and wistles".

I guess now, after you have disclosed that it is a simple registry
info collector with some "bells and wistles", which could have been
written with a real assembler in a month or so with about 50 kB size,
it is absolutely clear that it is NOT an application. Am I right?

:))

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Prev: aeBIOS Test Request
Next: CMOVcc vs. Jcc