From: sbpowdercoating on
lol... I knew a topic like that would start Great conversations.
Thruth is I'm no salesman trying to bash SW. I'm just a poor old Pre-
Cad Tech user that converted to SW a year ago. I totally agree with
Devlin's comment of the slow (parts/assemblies' drawings). Has for the
hatching... Selecting none in the property manager doesn't do a thing
(at least not with the 2006 SP2.1version). I don't think I need to
get all techinical to say that SW suck's the work I do is mostly very
basic stuff. Parts, assm, dwgs... But if the program can't even select
a line to put a dimension on without giving me a fuss... Not that's
not very efficient is it?

Still wouln'd buy a Kia...

Cheers!

From: toreadorxlt on
J00 Sux0rS

From: John H on
OMG
Somebody from a Kia dealership has strayed in here!

John H

From: Bo on
On Apr 4, 4:30 am, sbpowdercoat...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> lol... I knew a topic like that would start Great conversations.
> Thruth is I'm no salesman trying to bash SW. I'm just a poor old Pre-
> Cad Tech user that converted to SW a year ago. I totally agree with
> Devlin's comment of the slow (parts/assemblies' drawings). Has for the
> hatching... Selecting none in the property manager doesn't do a thing
> (at least not with the 2006 SP2.1version). I don't think I need to
> get all techinical to say that SW suck's the work I do is mostly very
> basic stuff. Parts, assm, dwgs... But if the program can't even select
> a line to put a dimension on without giving me a fuss... Not that's
> not very efficient is it?
>
> Still wouln'd buy a Kia...
>
> Cheers!

"Slow" is a relative term, and I've been designing parts for over 30
years, over 20 on CAD. The 68040 Macs may have been slow, but I got
good 2D work done on them in the late 80s. It was a good tool for my
jobs. I've done assemblies with 5-6 dozen parts where every part is
rounded-conical and assemblies start to slow down, but SWks is good
for the job, and that is on a 1.7Ghz M60 laptop or my MacBook Pro.

I've never had to use techniques with SWks to allow me to work with
larger assemblies, but I know I've listened to more experienced SWks
users discuss it on this Newsgroup as to techniques to make it work
better, and some users here have put up papers on working with large
assemblies. Still, if I got boxed down on speed, I'ld upgrade
hardware quickly (the new Intel processors are almost here). Hardware
includes the PC its accessories (& crapware in the OS that must be
removed or zapped), the network, the server, and its software.

If Swks would not cut it for large assemblies with good hardware and
best large assembly techniques, I would simply pick a better tool, pay
for it and learn it. CAD programs are just another tool. I wouldn't
pick a Bridgeport mill to make an injection mold cavity in this day
and age, and I wouldn't pick a knee mill with a CNC add-on to do hard
SS milling, as it is the wrong tool for the job.

"Fuss" is sort of relative, too. I've never had trouble dimensioning
my simpler parts either in the solids or in drawings, & frankly don't
remember hearing about not being able to select a line to dimension on
this group, but I could have just passed it by. I assume that if
there is a situation about dimensioning a line that is common, various
people reported it and others are working on fixing it. What type of
line gives a "Fuss"?

So let's look at these nebulous terms "slow" and "fuss" and see what
options exist to deal with them. There may be some answers
hereabouts.

Bo

From: Phil Evans on
hehe not really :-)

just a happy owner of a fine Kia family automobile.

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last